Review: could Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 5,855 people who have side effects while taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Dry mouth >>>
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 7,079 Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen users)
Dry mouth has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 30,856 Dry mouth patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 5,838 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen. Among them, 52 people (0.89%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||66.67%||4.17%||0.00%||8.33%||4.17%||12.50%||4.17% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Dry mouth||89.83%||10.17% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||5.36%||30.36%||57.14% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Dry mouth||12.50%||50.00%||25.00%||12.50% |
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Dry mouth||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (28 people, 53.85%)
- Pain (19 people, 36.54%)
- Muscle spasms (16 people, 30.77%)
- Neuropathy peripheral (16 people, 30.77%)
- Back pain (16 people, 30.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (29 people, 55.77%)
- Folic acid (25 people, 48.08%)
- Vitamin d (25 people, 48.08%)
- Baclofen (24 people, 46.15%)
- Vitamin b-12 (23 people, 44.23%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and dry mouth on
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 55-year old man with Hip Pain. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Lortab for a 56-year old woman with Pain - Shoulder. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Norco, Coreg for a 57-year old woman with To Add To Coreg For Heart Condition, Pain - Shoulder, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Pain In Left Side Of Neck And Back Of Left Side Of Head. Pain In Left Inter Ear.
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
Recent Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.