Review: could Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen cause Muscle aches?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 10, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.5/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 5,640 people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen. Among them, 64 have Muscle aches. See who they are, when they have Muscle aches and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen (latest outcomes from 6,877 users) has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain, pain relief by acupuncture. Commonly reported side effects of Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen include pain, pain exacerbated, acupuncture and pain, completed suicide, anxiety aggravated.
Muscle aches (muscle pain) (latest reports from 495,380 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Feb, 14, 2014: 5,286 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen. Among them, 56 people (1.06%) have Muscle Aches.
Time on Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen when people have Muscle aches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle aches||25.00%||25.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle aches when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Muscle aches||79.66%||20.34% |
Age of people who have Muscle aches when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.13%||17.02%||21.28%||34.04%||25.53% |
Severity of Muscle aches when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle aches||25.00%||50.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle aches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle aches||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (11 people, 19.64%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (5 people, 8.93%)
- Eczema (5 people, 8.93%)
- Anxiety (4 people, 7.14%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (20 people, 35.71%)
- Albuterol (18 people, 32.14%)
- Aspirin (18 people, 32.14%)
- Trazodone hcl (14 people, 25.00%)
- Cephalexin (14 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Muscle aches
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen (acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen side effects from A to Z:
Browse Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
digestion problems and hypothyroidism
From this study (3 weeks ago):
I am on Remicade once a month since July 22nd of 2013. Had a great response until I hurt my low back again. Then the back pain just worked it's way right up my spine to the neck. I have had neck fusion one level...several bad discs. A knee replacement, a shoulder reconstruction etc. The numbness and tingling in my left hand and buzzing in my left ear are driving me nuts. A recent hearing exam showed I had nerve problems there as well. Don't know what to think. Had a brain MRI it showed normal. Now thinking a spinal tap in order?
From this study (4 months ago):
I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know that this is something serious..I can feel it. I just have to get the Doctors, to find it...and fix whatever it is that is wrong.
I am trying to find what is the root cause of it all, then I might be able to find some relief.."Lord Willing". I have always been a driven individual and love life. I am a fighter and a survivor, so I will continue forward..until I find a way to the answer.
The pain level stays around 5 or 6 everyday and can be overwhelming at times, but I pray and I find relief for a moment..from The Lord. Grateful to be alive. Just want life to be normal again and to be able, to spend my time with my family that I have missed so much of.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Which implants are better? stainless steel or titanium?
Which metallic implants help prevent hand stiffness and help the patient regain full recovery of occupational activities? Stainless steel or Titanium implants?
- What medications cause hair loss
Been experiencing hair loss for several months and the loss has increased the last couple of months. My doctor ran thyroid test and it was normal. The loss has been gradual and it is not breaking off, but coming out at the root.
- People with statin drug damage
Have been on disability for 18 months. Can not walk to car without being fatigued. Have lots of nerve pain. On a lot of Pain meds an they don't always work. I was told this one won't do that an this one won't do that. The one that put me over the edge was Zetia. My doctor's don't know what to do o ...
More questions for: Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Muscle aches
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Muscle aches
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones (Bone pain or tenderness), Paralysis (Muscle function loss), Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness (Weakness), Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral (Arteriovenous malformation - cerebral), Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease (Osteoarthritis), Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head (Headache), Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Lightheadedness - Fainting (Fainting), Cramps - Muscle (Muscle cramps), Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness (Numbness and tingling), Dizziness, Restlessness (Agitation), Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Norco, Aspirin, Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Crestor, Aciphex, Zithromax, Augmentin '500' for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Hypertension, Hyperlipidaemia, Gerd, Sinusitis. The patient has Tendonitis, Pain, Joint Swelling, Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Testosterone Cypionate, Naproxen, Abacavir Sulfate, Atazanavir Sulfate, Lamivudine, Lopinavir; Ritonavir for a patient with Pain, Testosterone, Inflammation Localised, Hiv Infection. The patient has Pain - Muscles (Muscle aches)
More related studies for: Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Muscle aches
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.