Review: could Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen cause Peptic ulcer (Gastric ulcer)?
Summary: Peptic ulcer is found among people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Constipation.
We study 5,858 people who have side effects while taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen from FDA and social media. Among them, 54 have Peptic ulcer. Find out below who they are, when they have Peptic ulcer and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Peptic ulcer >>>
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 7,079 Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen users)
Peptic ulcer (stomach ulcer) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis. (latest reports from 31,775 Peptic ulcer patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 5,858 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen. Among them, 54 people (0.92%) have Peptic Ulcer.
Time on Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen when people have Peptic ulcer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Peptic ulcer||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Peptic ulcer when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Peptic ulcer||62.07%||37.93% |
Age of people who have Peptic ulcer when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Peptic ulcer||0.00%||0.00%||3.64%||1.82%||1.82%||14.55%||34.55%||43.64% |
Severity of Peptic ulcer when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Peptic ulcer||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Peptic ulcer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Constipation (13 people, 24.07%)
- Pain (9 people, 16.67%)
- Metastases to bone (9 people, 16.67%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (7 people, 12.96%)
- Migraine (4 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (37 people, 68.52%)
- Dexamethasone (25 people, 46.30%)
- Prilosec (24 people, 44.44%)
- Amoxicillin (24 people, 44.44%)
- Zoloft (23 people, 42.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and peptic ulcer on
Do you have Peptic Ulcer while taking Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Peptic Ulcer
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
- support group for people who have Peptic Ulcer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Neurontin, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 44-year old woman with Recreational, Nerve Injury, Pain. The patient has Sweating, Severe Pain, Tardive Dyskinesia
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Soma for a 63-year old man with Pulmonary Fibrosis, Pain. The patient has Leg Cramps, Night Cramps
- A study of side effects of Norco for a 60-year old woman with Chronic Pain. The patient has Lower Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Baclofen, Zoloft for a 37-year old woman with Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (slipped Disk), Muscle Spasms, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Fatigue
- A study of side effects of Norco for a 58-year old woman with Fml. The patient has Metallic Taste
Recent Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Quetiapine Fumarate, Rozerem, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vivitrol for a 42-year old woman who has Overweight
- Comparions of Norco, Butrans for a 51-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate, Relafen for a 48-year old woman who has Lyrica
- Comparions of Lyrica, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 59-year old man who has Restless Leg Syndrome
- Comparions of Vicodin, Diclofenac Sodium And Misoprostol for a 42-year old woman who has Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.