Review: could Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen cause Underactive thyroid (Hypothyroidism)?
Summary: Underactive thyroid is found among people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 5,858 people who have side effects while taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen from FDA and social media. Among them, 49 have Underactive thyroid. Find out below who they are, when they have Underactive thyroid and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Underactive thyroid >>>
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 7,079 Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen users)
Underactive thyroid (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, depression, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 49,739 Underactive thyroid patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 5,858 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen. Among them, 49 people (0.84%) have Underactive Thyroid.
Time on Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen when people have Underactive thyroid * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Underactive thyroid||97.83%||2.17% |
Age of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.70%||2.17%||43.48%||45.65% |
Severity of Underactive thyroid when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Underactive thyroid ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (4 people, 8.16%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (3 people, 6.12%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 4.08%)
- Contraception (1 people, 2.04%)
- Vaginal haemorrhage (1 people, 2.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (31 people, 63.27%)
- Lorazepam (29 people, 59.18%)
- Oxycontin (29 people, 59.18%)
- Celebrex (29 people, 59.18%)
- Cephalexin (28 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Underactive Thyroid while taking Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Underactive Thyroid
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Klonopin, Vicodin, Fentanyl-50, Sinemet Cr, Seroquel, Depakote Er for a 58-year old woman with Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Parkinson's Disease, Psychosis. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Sweating Fever, Congestive Heart Failure, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Clonazepam for a 62-year old woman with Pain - Back, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Low Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Zanaflex for a 43-year old woman with Pain, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, Spider Fingers
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Norco, Topamax for a 34-year old woman with ADD, Chronic Pain, Migraine. The patient has Ulcer - Stomach
- A study of side effects of Vicodin for a 37-year old man with Pain - Back. The patient has High Palpitations, Anxiety, Mood Swings, Anger, Yelling
Recent Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.