Review: could Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen cause Underactive thyroid (Hypothyroidism)?
Summary: Underactive thyroid is found among people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 5,855 people who have side effects while taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen from FDA and social media. Among them, 49 have Underactive thyroid. Find out below who they are, when they have Underactive thyroid and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Underactive thyroid >>>
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 7,079 Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen users)
Underactive thyroid (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, hypothyroidism, depression. (latest reports from 49,670 Underactive thyroid patients)
On Mar, 28, 2015: 5,855 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen. Among them, 49 people (0.84%) have Underactive Thyroid.
Time on Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen when people have Underactive thyroid * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Underactive thyroid||97.83%||2.17% |
Age of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.70%||2.17%||43.48%||45.65% |
Severity of Underactive thyroid when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Underactive thyroid ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (4 people, 8.16%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (3 people, 6.12%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 4.08%)
- Contraception (1 people, 2.04%)
- Vaginal haemorrhage (1 people, 2.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (31 people, 63.27%)
- Lorazepam (29 people, 59.18%)
- Oxycontin (29 people, 59.18%)
- Celebrex (29 people, 59.18%)
- Cephalexin (28 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Underactive Thyroid while taking Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Underactive Thyroid
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 55-year old man with Hip Pain. The patient has Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Lortab for a 56-year old woman with Pain - Shoulder. The patient has Hot Flashes
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Norco, Coreg for a 57-year old woman with To Add To Coreg For Heart Condition, Pain - Shoulder, Dilated Cardiomyopathy. The patient has Pain In Left Side Of Neck And Back Of Left Side Of Head. Pain In Left Inter Ear.
- A study of side effects of Provera for a 20-year old woman with Amenorrhoea. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
Recent Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.