Review: could Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen cause Underactive thyroid (Hypothyroidism)?
Summary: Underactive thyroid is found among people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 5,820 people who have side effects while taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen from FDA and social media. Among them, 49 have Underactive thyroid. Find out below who they are, when they have Underactive thyroid and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Underactive thyroid >>>
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen has active ingredients of acetaminophen; hydrocodone bitartrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen 7,039 users)
Underactive thyroid (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, depression, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Underactive thyroid 43,269 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 5,810 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen. Among them, 49 people (0.84%) have Underactive Thyroid.
Time on Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen when people have Underactive thyroid * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Gender of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Underactive thyroid||97.83%||2.17% |
Age of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen * :
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.70%||2.17%||43.48%||45.65% |
Severity of Underactive thyroid when taking Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Underactive thyroid ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (4 people, 8.16%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (3 people, 6.12%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 4.08%)
- Contraception (1 people, 2.04%)
- Vaginal haemorrhage (1 people, 2.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (31 people, 63.27%)
- Lorazepam (29 people, 59.18%)
- Oxycontin (29 people, 59.18%)
- Celebrex (29 people, 59.18%)
- Cephalexin (28 people, 57.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Underactive Thyroid while taking Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen and have Underactive Thyroid
- support group for people who take Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- Can you take norco while taking garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who takes Garcinia Cambogia, Norco)
Is it ok to take garcinia cambogia while taking norco?
- What could be causing eye pain and headacne and bright glaring light on the right side only?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Occular Migraine, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Lunesta, Trental, Fosinopril Sodium, Ativan, Celexa, Simvastatin, Neurontin, Lortab, Combivent Respimat)
Senitive to light, can't spend long on computer or cell phone. Diagnosed with anklylosing spondylosis
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning and by midday today the side effects were unbearable. I am nauseous, have diarrhea, and a very severe headache. This didn't happen with Omeprazole. Do you think this is a drug interaction or is there some difference between the two that I am perhaps sensitive to?
- Can i connect by email with other patients that have hypoglycemia and stevens-johnson syndrome? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 52 year old woman who has Shingles Virus, Back Injury, MRSA Infection, Stevens Johnson Syndrome, Hypoglycemia, and takes Alcohol, Baclofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen)
I have had hypoglycemia since childhood, and I have managed it easily until just this weekend. I got S-J two years ago from Bactrim. As I have healed from S-J very slowly and painfully, I was exercising hard, and working hard and slipped a little on not eating enough protein. I started dropping into sugar blackouts and it scared the crap out of me! Still working at being able to eat enough to straighten out low sugar levels. Any suggestions helpful, Thanks, Leann
More questions for: Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Underactive thyroid
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Heavy sweating during sleep
(Posted by a 62 year old man who has Stent 3 Years Ago RCA, Heart Attack, Prostate Infection, Fractures Nonunion, Tachycardia, Low Blood Pressure, Sweating - Excessive, and takes Saw Palmetto Berry, Valium, Norco, Soma)
Pain killers like Tylenol 3, vicodin 20 years, Valium and Soma 12 years. Sweat heavy during sleep.
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term effects of seizure meds?
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- Prednisone mixed results-it lets me breath
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Steroid Dependent Asthmatic, and takes Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate, Norco, Omeprazole, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Zolpidem Tartrate, Prednisone)
have been on prednisone now for 3 years straight. Am taking 30mg a day just to breath. every time i have tried to taper off i have ended up in the emergency room unable to breath. That has been 7 times in the last year. I am 49 years old and was in good health 3-4 years ago. got a cough and it has been down hill.Prednisone worked great at first but then it starts to destroy the body.Had nasal passage surgery(waste of time)have broken many ribs from coughing.painful.when you are on prednisone your body takes 3-5 times longer to heal.craked tailbone from a slip. have seen over 12 doctors.reasonable gueswork. My best doc which is mine says do you want to suffocate to death or let your body try and fix itself if it can. im not for suffocation at all. Just a good medicine to counter the angriness of the steroid. Any ideas i am all ears. oh ya my eyes are starting to go and my joints as well
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die (1 response)
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hurt anymore and be so scared to leave my house or sleep. I just want to sleep forever.
More reviews for: Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Underactive thyroid
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- After years of abusing the drugs listed for 20+ years and being on life support for 4 day my husband has emerged forever changed in my eyes. He is a rambler of words, Bipolar, never sleeps, uses adderal for his sleep disorder that does no good because he refuses to sleep and uses excuses of being ab ...
- Start to feel light headed, pressure in head. My tongue began to spasm. Moving backward and forward and side to side. Would last about 45 sec. And stop. During this time was unable to speak. This happened 7 times within a 20 min period. After each episode would have a few minutes of calm before it w ...
- I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa at night with Alprazolam throughout the day and at night to help me sleep. Since taking abilify over the past 10 years I have gained weight that I can't lose, I am always buying lottery tickets, and want to go to gamble obsessively. I also have c ...
- I had surgery 5 weeks ago. Was on Norco before surgery and then after surgery. After surgery I developed terrible joint pain in fingers, knees, and terrible pain in bottom of feet. Difficult to walk
More related studies for: Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen, Underactive thyroid
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.