Home > Hydrocortisone > Dry mouth > Hydrocortisone and Dry mouth
Review: could Hydrocortisone cause Dry mouth?
Summary: Dry mouth is found among people who take Hydrocortisone, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 13,594 people who have side effects while taking Hydrocortisone from FDA and social media. Among them, 55 have Dry mouth. Find out below who they are, when they have Dry mouth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydrocortisone and have Dry mouth >>>
Hydrocortisone (latest outcomes from 13,790 users) has active ingredients of hydrocortisone. It is often used in addison's disease.
Dry mouth (latest reports from 30,429 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 26, 2014: 13,594 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydrocortisone. Among them, 55 people (0.40%) have Dry Mouth.
Time on Hydrocortisone when people have Dry mouth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Dry mouth||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Dry mouth when taking Hydrocortisone * :
|Dry mouth||62.07%||37.93% |
Age of people who have Dry mouth when taking Hydrocortisone * :
|Dry mouth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.75%||5.66%||73.58% |
Severity of Dry mouth when taking Hydrocortisone ** :
How people recovered from Dry mouth ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (19 people, 34.55%)
- Depression (2 people, 3.64%)
- Colorectal cancer metastatic (2 people, 3.64%)
- Rash (2 people, 3.64%)
- Neuralgia (2 people, 3.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (24 people, 43.64%)
- Atenolol (22 people, 40.00%)
- Sucralfate (22 people, 40.00%)
- Omeprazole (21 people, 38.18%)
- Zometa (19 people, 34.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dry Mouth while taking Hydrocortisone?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Hydrocortisone and have Dry Mouth
- support group for people who take Hydrocortisone
- support group for people who have Dry Mouth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My age is 39 , and i take cortef 10 mg 3 times a day , and synthroid 150 mg , i would to know if is ok if i take garciana withese medications , i mean are there any side effects ?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has None)
I gain too much wight after i had started taking cortef , i want to try Garciana but i afraid .
Please let me know if are there any side effects . Thanks.
- Does enalapril cause dry mouth
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Dry Mouth, Swollen Ankles And Feet, and takes Amlodipine Besylate, Tamsulosin, Avodart, Aspirin, Folic Acid)
I am generally healthy and active for an octogenarian, but the dry mouth and swollen ankles do bother me.
- Are there any reports of extreme dry mouth?
(Asked by a 82 year old man who has Dry Mouth, and takes Zolpidem)
Since having an aortic valve replacement via TAVR (newer technique)I have had various medications added to my schedule. For the last several months I seem to have a very dry mouth problem. I have given you a few that I am taking at the present time that I thought might have some effect on my dryne ...
- Take low dose aspirin daily. have gained 35# in 2 yrs. also cortef 5 mg daily. tapering off cortef, but could weight gain be an aspirin side effect?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Rapid Weight Gain, Blood Clot In The Legs, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Musculoskeletal Pain, Adrenal Insufficiency, and takes Cortef, Armour Thyroid, Aspirin, Flexeril, Xanax)
Weight in 2010 = 148#. Blood clot 2010 - take small dose aspirin per day. Weight Sept 12, 2013=175#. In addition to aspirin take 5 mg Cortef for adrenal insufficiency (am in process of tapering down the Cortef). Armoir thyroid, flexerel , BP meds as needed. Discontinued Prozac June 2013. I am ...
- Hypopituitarism and fever
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Sheehan Syndrome, Fibromyalgia, Joint Hypermobility, Sjogren's Syndrome, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Cushing's Syndrome, and takes Synthroid, Liothyronine Sodium, Potassium Chloride 40meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Cortef, Nutropin Aq Pen, Lovaza, Taztia Xt, Metoprolol Succinate, Losartan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I read your article on testing of hypopituitarisum and fever - http://www.ehealthme.com/cs/hypopituitarism/fever - Twice now in the past 2 years I have broken out in a great deal of pain accompanied by a high temperature of about 102. I was told since I take cortef, that I should not get fevers - bu ...
More questions for: Hydrocortisone, Dry mouth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Addison's disease and gabapintin
(Posted by a 74 year old man who has Achilles Tendonitis, Addison's Disease, and takes Gabapentin, Hydrocortisone, Fludrocortisone Acetate)
a 100 mg gabapentin capsule has left me totally spaced out with blurred vision and disorientation for 3 days now. Never again do I want to go near one of those capsules. Dr. prescribed 100 mg. druggist filled 300 mg. I am sure thankful I doubled checked and got 100 mg instead. The 300 mg would h ...
More reviews for: Hydrocortisone, Dry mouth
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Irritability, Pain - Back, Dry Mouth, Teeth Grinding And Clenching (a condition in which you grind, gnash or clench your teeth), Vision Problems, Tolerance Increased, Sleep Talking (talking during sleeping), Breathing-related Sleep Disorder
Comments: These are some of the problems I am experiencing. It seems like my dosage is too high, however if I do not take more than 60mg at a time then the Vyvanse has no affect on me whatsoever. I am most concerned about waking up to catch my breath every 30 seconds at night. I was prescribed Adderrall throu ...
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a patient with ADD. The patient has Excessive Hunger Resulting In Headache, Dizziness, Foggy Thoughts, And Irritability, Dry Mouth, Jaw Lesion Excision, Thirst, Weight Gain
Comments: The lesions on face are like zits but not acne. They swell and pulsate and ooze throughout the day and have hard white or yellow waxy pits in them when popped. They respond to calamine lotion somewhat but have not gone away in 6 months, always occurring in the same place. From ear to ear under the j ...
- A study of side effects of Actigall for a patient with Jaundice. The patient has Dry Mouth
Comments: I can't seem to overcome the dry mouth. I have tried rinses,and certain toothpaste and rinses,sugarless candies.Only thing that is helpful at all is sugarless gum. It is from the morning I wake up to going to bed,just so hard to get saliva and swallow
- A study of drug interactions between Ziprasidone Hydrochloride, Risperidone, Lamictal for a patient with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Lower Blood Pressure, Irritability, Weight Loss, Nausea And Vomiting, Dry Mouth, Back Pain, Stomach Pain
Comments: I also have been having greasy stools. I never took any of the above listed medications together. I was allergic to both lamictal and risperidone. The stomach pain is localized to the upper left quadrant of my stomach, and hurts when I push where my pancreas is. The pain is made worse after eating o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Advair Diskus 250/50 for a patient with Asthma. The patient has Thinking Slowed, Narcolepsy, Speech Disorders, Chronic Pain, Sexual Apathy, Chronic Depression, Addh, Shoulder Blade Pain, Arthritis, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Eyes - Dry, Dry Mouth, Pain Threshold Decreased, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Cervical Spinal Stenosis, Umbilical Hernia, Sleep Disorder, Involuntary Body Movements, Restless Leg Syndrome, Dizziness, Nausea And Vomiting, Fatigue - Chronic, Essential Tremor, Heat Intolerance
Comments: Been incapacitated since xmas 2010, unable to work, life has been destroyed. Crawled away from abusive relationship, lost everything. Social Security is fighting me, it's disgusting. Doctors are wretched and worthless.
More related studies for: Hydrocortisone, Dry mouth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.