Review: could Hydroxychloroquine sulfate cause Rapid heart beat (Heart Rate Increased)?
Summary: Rapid heart beat is found among people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Prednisone, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 7,644 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 39 have Rapid heart beat. Find out below who they are, when they have Rapid heart beat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and have Rapid heart beat >>>
Hydroxychloroquine sulfate has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Hydroxychloroquine sulfate 7,899 users)
Rapid heart beat
Rapid heart beat has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma.(latest reports from Rapid heart beat 39,135 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 7,639 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate. Among them, 39 people (0.51%) have Rapid Heart Beat.
Time on Hydroxychloroquine sulfate when people have Rapid heart beat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate * :
|Rapid heart beat||95.00%||5.00% |
Age of people who have Rapid heart beat when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate * :
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||20.59%||20.59%||20.59%||32.35% |
Severity of Rapid heart beat when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Rapid heart beat||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Rapid heart beat ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 20.51%)
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (7 people, 17.95%)
- Cardiac failure congestive (2 people, 5.13%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 5.13%)
- Arthralgia (1 people, 2.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (16 people, 41.03%)
- Methotrexate (9 people, 23.08%)
- Aspirin (8 people, 20.51%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (7 people, 17.95%)
- Folic acid (7 people, 17.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rapid Heart Beat while taking Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and have Rapid Heart Beat
- support group for people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate
- support group for people who have Rapid Heart Beat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can people with hypothyroidism take garcinia cambogia?
(Asked by a 15 year old girl who has Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Hypothyroidism, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, and takes Nabumetone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Prednisone, Plaquenil)
I have hypothyroidism, ITP, and MCTD. With me having all of these issues and taking all these different medications, I was wondering if it would be safe for me to take a diet pill named garcinia cambogia.
- So does hydroxychloroquine cause celiac desease?
(Asked by a 47 year old man who has Been Tested Twice For Celiac And Was Always Negitive. Started Hydroxychloroquine And Was Removed Due To Blurring Vision. Tested Again For Celiac And Supposedly It's Now Positive And Causing My Authrit, and takes Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate)
Been tested over the years for celiac and always negitive. Only had IBS. Took hydroxychloroquine for a year and it effected my vision. Then retested again for celiac because of authrits pain and now I'm positive for celiac.
- What causes it? and why is it so painful?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Lupus, Shoulder Pain, and takes Plaquenil, Diclofenac Potassium)
I can lift my arm out in front of me but not out to the side!! The diclofenac doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions? Has anyone been on benlysta?
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Dry Eyes, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Glimepiride, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Gabapentin, Pravastatin Sodium, Metformin, Lisinopril, Xarelto)
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Is xanax useful to trear increased heart rate
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Anxiety, Heart Rate Increased, and takes Skelaxin, Aspirin)
pulse rate sky high and very nervous. took half a skelaxin barrel shaped pill beige in color.
More questions for: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate, Rapid heart beat
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Plaquinil use shortness of breath
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Plaquenil)
Approximately 4 months after starting Plaquenil, I observed I was experiencing SOB while lifting the patient I was caring for, also had severe muscle weakness. I had been out of the country for several weeks and thought I might have picked up something while in The Dominican. I was also losing wei ...
More reviews for: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate, Rapid heart beat
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of side effects of Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Aortic Aneurysm Rupture (enlarged aortic artery rapture caused by a weakening of the artery wall)
Comments: upset stomach. extreme weight loss, 50 pounds in 4 months. muscle weakness, confusion, unsteady gait. stomach pain, anemic, need of blood transfusion, dry mouth, extreme tiredness, unable to eat or drink.
- A study of side effects of Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Rapid Heart Beat, Swallowing Difficulty, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: i have never had this problem before. i smoked marijuana on 2 separate occasions where i got very pale, blue lips, cold sweats, belching, bloated stomach, dizziness, vision gone, and could barely hear. it starts with difficulty swallowing and heavy breathing that leads into the panic. the second tim ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Plaquenil for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Palindromic Rheumatism. The patient has Fatigue, Fluid In Left Arm And Right Knee, Joint Pain
Comments: have had a swollen arm now for 10 months. Measures 7 cm more than right arm. Now swelling is also in forearm. Have had lymp test for blockages. No blockages found. Now starting to get same symptoms in right knee. have been diagnosed with palandromic rheumatoid for 2 years now. Positive RF 82 IU/ml. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
More related studies for: Hydroxychloroquine sulfate, Rapid heart beat
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.