Review: could Hydroxychloroquine sulfate cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is reported only by a few people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate.
We study 7,651 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and have Weight loss >>>
Hydroxychloroquine sulfate has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from 7,909 Hydroxychloroquine sulfate users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,305 Weight loss patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 7,651 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate. Among them, 5 people (0.07%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Hydroxychloroquine sulfate when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate * :
|Weight loss||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (2 people, 40.00%)
- Pain (2 people, 40.00%)
- Panic attack (1 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Tendinous contracture (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclophosphamide (2 people, 40.00%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 40.00%)
- Depo-medrol (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lamictal (1 people, 20.00%)
- Darvocet-n 50 (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydroxychloroquine sulfate and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Akineton, Risperidone for a 73-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder. The patient has Salivary Gland Mass, Restlessness, Weight Loss, Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Paxil, Clonazepam, Azathioprine, Zorvolex, Humira for a 42-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Diarrhea, Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Plaquenil, Leflunomide, Methotrexate for a 63-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Folliculitis
Recent Hydroxychloroquine sulfate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Enbrel for a 60-year old woman who has Psoriatic Arthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.