Review: could Hydroxychloroquine sulfate cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is reported only by a few people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate.
We study 7,653 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and have Weight loss >>>
Hydroxychloroquine sulfate has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from 7,911 Hydroxychloroquine sulfate users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,305 Weight loss patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 7,653 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate. Among them, 5 people (0.07%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Hydroxychloroquine sulfate when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate * :
|Weight loss||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate ** :
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Systemic lupus erythematosus (2 people, 40.00%)
- Pain (2 people, 40.00%)
- Panic attack (1 people, 20.00%)
- Osteoporosis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Tendinous contracture (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclophosphamide (2 people, 40.00%)
- Clonazepam (2 people, 40.00%)
- Depo-medrol (2 people, 40.00%)
- Lamictal (1 people, 20.00%)
- Darvocet-n 50 (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydroxychloroquine sulfate and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Fish Oil, Turmeric, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Itraconazole, Liothyronine Sodium, Amlodipine for a 75-year old woman with Hair Growth Abnormal, Dry Macular Degeneration, Arthritis - Rheumatoid, Histoplasmosis - Disseminated, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Vitamin D, Sudafed 12 Hour, Allegra, Singulair, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 52-year old woman with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma. The patient has Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Zoloft, Gabapentin, Indomethacin, Morphine, Plaquenil, Arava for a 34-year old woman with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, Depression, Nerve Injury, Inflammation, Back Injury, Lupus.
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Lipitor, Losartan Potassium, Fenofibrate for a 60-year old man with Stress And Anxiety, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Damage. The patient has Muscle Cramps Aggravated, Losing Weight
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
Recent Hydroxychloroquine sulfate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Plaquenil, Lopressor for a 55-year old woman who has Mixed Connective Tissue Disease
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Singulair, Omeprazole, Levothyroxine Sodium, Plaquenil for a 54-year old woman who has Autoimmune
- Comparions of Methotrexate, Plaquenil for a 57-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Celebrex, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Methotrexate for a 56-year old man who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 66-year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rheumatica
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.