Home > Hydroxyurea > Bleeding from the nose > Hydroxyurea and Bleeding from the nose
Review: could Hydroxyurea cause Bleeding from the nose (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Bleeding from the nose is found among people who take Hydroxyurea, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Essential thrombocythaemia.
We study 3,284 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyurea from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Bleeding from the nose. Find out below who they are, when they have Bleeding from the nose and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Bleeding from the nose >>>
Hydroxyurea (latest outcomes from 3,374 users) has active ingredients of hydroxyurea. It is often used in polycythemia vera.
Bleeding from the nose
Bleeding from the nose (bleeding from nose) (latest reports from 23,938 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.
On Nov, 29, 2014: 3,284 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyurea. Among them, 32 people (0.97%) have Bleeding From The Nose.
Time on Hydroxyurea when people have Bleeding from the nose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bleeding from the nose||63.64%||18.18%||0.00%||18.18%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bleeding from the nose when taking Hydroxyurea * :
|Bleeding from the nose||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Bleeding from the nose when taking Hydroxyurea * :
|Bleeding from the nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.09%||73.91% |
Severity of Bleeding from the nose when taking Hydroxyurea ** :
How people recovered from Bleeding from the nose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Essential thrombocythaemia (7 people, 21.88%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 18.75%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 18.75%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (5 people, 15.62%)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (5 people, 15.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allopurinol (8 people, 25.00%)
- Anagrelide hcl (8 people, 25.00%)
- Felodipine (7 people, 21.88%)
- Omeprazole (7 people, 21.88%)
- Bendrofluazide (6 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bleeding From The Nose while taking Hydroxyurea?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Bleeding From The Nose
- support group for people who take Hydroxyurea
- support group for people who have Bleeding From The Nose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Hydroxyurea, Bleeding from the nose
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hydroxyurea and pomegranate juice
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Essential Thrombocythaemia, and takes Hydrea)
sorry for my bad english.
i am a retired physician, specialist in i.medicine & gastroenterology.
have essencial thrombocythemia since year 2000.
mild hypercholesterolemia once treated wiht symvastatin 20 mg/day.
during a certain time i began to take 100 cc of pomegranate juice/3 times per week ...
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Nosebleed, and takes Miconazole 3)
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
More reviews for: Hydroxyurea, Bleeding from the nose
- A study of drug interactions between Symbicort, Rosuvastatin Calcium for a patient with Asthma, Hypercholesterolaemia. The patient has Epistaxis
Comments: Recurrent episodes, usually commencing evening or overnight approx. 3-4 weeks apart since winter started. Approx 6 episodes in total to date. Initially attributed to heating (dry air) evenings during winter, but now spring and no heating on for weeks. Last night bleeding occurred while asleep. No hy ...
- A study of side effects of Hydrea for a patient with Psoriasis. The patient has Tiredness (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: I am tired but my eyes seem to be darker underneath. I look like I do if I'm unwell. I eat well and I haven't had alcohol since April and I don't smoke. My bloods are due again this Thursday. I started on 2 tablets then went to 3 now I'm back on 2 as my bloods were low on last test. My psoriasis hav ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Poison Ivy. The patient has Bleeding From The Nose (bleeding from nose)
Comments: taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Hydroxyurea, Anagrelide Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypertension, Thrombocythaemia. The patient has Foot Ulcer, Sweating
Comments: In 2003 after a routine blood test was discovered with the desease.Have had to use both drugs and have only been able to get platelets count below 700, Since then I have developed foot ulcer and excessive sweating.I am also very tired and sometimes feels like I cant go another moment.
- A study of side effects of Lumigan for a patient with Lumigan. The patient has Nose Bleeds (bleeding from nose)
Comments: Diagnosed with acute Glaucoma, operated with laser and given Lumigan 1 drop in each eye nightly.
A few weeks later nose bleed from one nostril quite heavy. Occurs on a weekly basis. Dr prescribed anti biotics, and cream. Not working.
Any advice will be appreciated please.
More related studies for: Hydroxyurea, Bleeding from the nose
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Low Blood Sugar and Seroquel
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (7 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (12 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Seroquel for a 32-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (29 minutes ago)
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (2 hours ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (2 hours ago)