Home > Hydroxyurea > Bleeding from the nose > Hydroxyurea and Bleeding from the nose
Review: could Hydroxyurea cause Bleeding from the nose (Nosebleed)?
We study 3,281 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyurea from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Bleeding from the nose. Find out below who they are, when they have Bleeding from the nose and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Bleeding from the nose >>>
Hydroxyurea (latest outcomes from 3,371 users) has active ingredients of hydroxyurea. It is often used in polycythemia vera.
Bleeding from the nose
Bleeding from the nose (bleeding from nose) (latest reports from 143,543 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, acne, high blood cholesterol.
On Aug, 29, 2014: 3,281 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyurea. Among them, 32 people (0.98%) have Bleeding From The Nose. They amount to 0.02% of all the 143,278 people who have Bleeding From The Nose on eHealthMe.
Time on Hydroxyurea when people have Bleeding from the nose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bleeding from the nose||63.64%||18.18%||0.00%||18.18%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bleeding from the nose when taking Hydroxyurea * :
|Bleeding from the nose||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Bleeding from the nose when taking Hydroxyurea * :
|Bleeding from the nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.09%||73.91% |
Severity of Bleeding from the nose when taking Hydroxyurea ** :
How people recovered from Bleeding from the nose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Essential thrombocythaemia (7 people, 21.88%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 18.75%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 18.75%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (5 people, 15.62%)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (5 people, 15.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allopurinol (8 people, 25.00%)
- Anagrelide hcl (8 people, 25.00%)
- Felodipine (7 people, 21.88%)
- Omeprazole (7 people, 21.88%)
- Bendrofluazide (6 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bleeding From The Nose while taking Hydroxyurea?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Bleeding From The Nose
- group for people who take Hydroxyurea
- group for people who have Bleeding From The Nose
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
taking prednisone for only 4 days, 20mg/3 times daily, have had nose bleed the last 2 days. have now stopped taking prednisone. the poison ivy has cleared up. will the nose bleeds now stop? anything I should continue to watch for?
From this study (2 months ago):
In 2003 after a routine blood test was discovered with the desease.Have had to use both drugs and have only been able to get platelets count below 700, Since then I have developed foot ulcer and excessive sweating.I am also very tired and sometimes feels like I cant go another moment.
From this study (2 months ago):
Diagnosed with acute Glaucoma, operated with laser and given Lumigan 1 drop in each eye nightly.
A few weeks later nose bleed from one nostril quite heavy. Occurs on a weekly basis. Dr prescribed anti biotics, and cream. Not working.
Any advice will be appreciated please.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hydroxyurea, Bleeding from the nose
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Miconazole 3 - nose bleed
It was a three day dosage by life brand. Every morning after taking it I would wake up with a bloody nose. Nothing severe but there was blood. When I didn't take it again, there was no bloody nose when I woke up.
More reviews for: Hydroxyurea, Bleeding from the nose
On eHealthMe, Hydroxyurea (hydroxyurea) is often used for polycythemia vera. Find out below the conditions Hydroxyurea is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Hydroxyurea used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Nexium, Ventolin Hfa, Imitrex, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin Chloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydroxyzine, Cymbalta for a 42-year old woman who has GERD, Asthma, Migraine, Allergy, Incontinence - Urinary, Muscle Spasms, Vitamin D Deficiency, Hypothyroidism, Itching, Depression (43 seconds ago)
- Abilify for a 54-year old man who has Depression (10 minutes ago)
- Enbrel for a 43-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis (28 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Levothyroxine Sodium
- Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride
- Oxybutynin Chloride
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride
Recent user comments
- "Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might h ... " (2 hours ago)
- "I take 20 milligrams of Abilify with 20 mg. of celexa ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Having headache recurrent last 24 hrs. Side effects o ... " (10 hours ago)
- Fragrant Valerian
- Alphacaine Hydrochloride
- Stress Cardiomyopathy
- American Wormgrass