Review: could Hydroxyurea cause Bleeding from the nose (Nosebleed)?
Summary: Bleeding from the nose is found among people who take Hydroxyurea, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Allopurinol, and have Essential thrombocythaemia.
We study 3,287 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyurea from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Bleeding from the nose. Find out below who they are, when they have Bleeding from the nose and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Bleeding from the nose >>>
Hydroxyurea has active ingredients of hydroxyurea. It is often used in polycythemia vera. (latest outcomes from 3,377 Hydroxyurea users)
Bleeding from the nose
Bleeding from the nose (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, acne. (latest reports from 23,997 Bleeding from the nose patients)
On Apr, 16, 2015: 3,287 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyurea. Among them, 32 people (0.97%) have Bleeding From The Nose.
Time on Hydroxyurea when people have Bleeding from the nose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bleeding from the nose||63.64%||18.18%||0.00%||18.18%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bleeding from the nose when taking Hydroxyurea * :
|Bleeding from the nose||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Bleeding from the nose when taking Hydroxyurea * :
|Bleeding from the nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||26.09%||73.91% |
Severity of Bleeding from the nose when taking Hydroxyurea ** :
How people recovered from Bleeding from the nose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Essential thrombocythaemia (7 people, 21.88%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 18.75%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 18.75%)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome (5 people, 15.62%)
- Acute myeloid leukaemia (5 people, 15.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Allopurinol (8 people, 25.00%)
- Anagrelide hcl (8 people, 25.00%)
- Felodipine (7 people, 21.88%)
- Omeprazole (7 people, 21.88%)
- Bendrofluazide (6 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bleeding From The Nose while taking Hydroxyurea?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Bleeding From The Nose
- support group for people who take Hydroxyurea
- support group for people who have Bleeding From The Nose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Gemfibrozil, Ditropan, Synthroid, Topamax, Lamictal, Risperdal for a 46-year old woman with Blood Triglycerides, Enlarged Liver, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Nose Bleeds
- A study of drug interactions between Zoladex, Losartan Potassium, Nadolol And Bendroflumethiazide, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 47-year old woman with Endometriosis, Hypertension, Mood Swings. The patient has Uterine Pain, Vaginal Pain, Nose Bleeds, Aches And Pains In Bones
Recent Hydroxyurea related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.