Review: could Hydroxyurea cause Liver function tests nos abnormal?
Summary: Liver function tests nos abnormal is found among people who take Hydroxyurea, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, also take medication Didanosine.
We study 3,285 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyurea from FDA and social media. Among them, 52 have Liver function tests nos abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function tests nos abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Liver function tests nos abnormal >>>
Hydroxyurea has active ingredients of hydroxyurea. It is often used in polycythemia vera. (latest outcomes from Hydroxyurea 3,375 users)
Liver function tests nos abnormal
Liver function tests nos abnormal has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, hyperlipidaemia.(latest reports from Liver function tests nos abnormal 17,594 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 3,284 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyurea. Among them, 52 people (1.58%) have Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal.
Time on Hydroxyurea when people have Liver function tests nos abnormal * :
Gender of people who have Liver function tests nos abnormal when taking Hydroxyurea * :
|Liver function tests nos abnormal||20.00%||80.00% |
Age of people who have Liver function tests nos abnormal when taking Hydroxyurea * :
|Liver function tests nos abnormal||0.00%||4.65%||4.65%||6.98%||27.91%||30.23%||13.95%||11.63% |
Severity of Liver function tests nos abnormal when taking Hydroxyurea ** :
How people recovered from Liver function tests nos abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :n/a
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Didanosine (22 people, 42.31%)
- Ziagen (16 people, 30.77%)
- Stavudine (12 people, 23.08%)
- Videx (10 people, 19.23%)
- Sustiva (9 people, 17.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal while taking Hydroxyurea?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Hydroxyurea and have Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal
- support group for people who take Hydroxyurea
- support group for people who have Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- My mom is 80 years old and has advance osteoporosis here bones are very brittle and she has fracture several vertabrate the doctor wants to put her on forteo but suffers from polythemia.
Does anyone currently suffer from Polycythemia and is on Forteo?
- Can taking testosterone injections without a spleen be dangerous?
Considering taking testosterone injections, is not having a spleen dangerous?
- Hydroxyurea - are metabolites active or inactive in urine ?
Concerned about the excretion of hydroxyurea in urine. I have read that the meabiolites are active and up to 40 percent of the drug that is excreted is done as a Unchanged drug. So does this mean that the 40 percent that is excreted in the urine is 100% hydroxurea ? If so that is concerning, especially for males that might splatter on the toilet seat when urinating or those who might have a bladder issue and possibly leak urine.
- Is there any other help in supplements, vitamins, etc., out there for someone with high platelets?
I have been on Anagrelide, and have had headaches, swollen ankles, high blood pressure. I am now going back on Hydrea again. It caused some stomach pain,anemia,fatigue, after being on it for 16 years. I'm trying the Hydrea again and have just started back on it.
- How do you deal with the side-effects of hydroyurea? (1 answer)
Suffering from wounds that won't heal in feet and or legs,eye stroke maybe due to peripheral neuropathy often associated with hydroxyurea.
More questions for: Hydroxyurea, Liver function tests nos abnormal
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hydroxyurea and pomegranate juice
sorry for my bad english.
i am a retired physician, specialist in i.medicine & gastroenterology.
have essencial thrombocythemia since year 2000.
mild hypercholesterolemia once treated wiht symvastatin 20 mg/day.
during a certain time i began to take 100 cc of pomegranate juice/3 times per week. before that my platelets were +/- stable at 400-450.000 y also my cholesterol at normal.
after a few weeks of drinking pomegranate juice suddenly found: platelets fell to 300.000 and there was a leucopenia with absolute leucocytes count 1.7.
also the cholesterol ldl and total fell to levels that never had before. at this stage stoped pomegranate juice and stoped hydrea and after more or les normalization began again hydrea when al the blood values return to a normal or higher level.
I think that there is, probably, an interaction between hyderea and also smvastatin with pomegranate juice.
for an unrelated cause i stoped symvastatin a few months ago. no i have a problem again with platelets that are high (480.000) and leucopenia (perhaps myelofibrosis ?). since a week we lowered de hydrea and i again began taking 100 cc of pomegranate juice twice a week. i have an appointment to my hematologist in 4 weeks and will do blood tests.
alfredo leiser md, holon, israel
More reviews for: Hydroxyurea, Liver function tests nos abnormal
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I am tired but my eyes seem to be darker underneath. I look like I do if I'm unwell. I eat well and I haven't had alcohol since April and I don't smoke. My bloods are due again this Thursday. I started on 2 tablets then went to 3 now I'm back on 2 as my bloods were low on last test. My psoriasis hav ...
- In 2003 after a routine blood test was discovered with the desease.Have had to use both drugs and have only been able to get platelets count below 700, Since then I have developed foot ulcer and excessive sweating.I am also very tired and sometimes feels like I cant go another moment.
- Right ankle and foot(instep) pain. Redness moderate swelling and hot to touch. Prednisone had no results allopurinol with an initial overload of colchicine helped initially , but condition has appeared to have plateaued.
- I have been diagnosed with anxiety, emotioally unstable personality, anxiety, depression, migraines, non-epiltpic attacks, sleep seizures, night terrors, and PTSD
Have recently had coil fitted very tired
- Vertigo began at ceasation of medication. It is difficult to determine if liver function is related to citalopram as labs were drawn after reinitiation of citalopram. It appeared that some of the vertigo and numbness alleviated, however due to abnormal liver panel, citalopram was again discontinued ...
More related studies for: Hydroxyurea, Liver function tests nos abnormal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.