Home > Hydroxyzine > Bloodshot eyes > Hydroxyzine and Bloodshot eyes
Review: could Hydroxyzine cause Bloodshot eyes (Eye redness)?
We study 8,459 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyzine from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Bloodshot eyes. Find out below who they are, when they have Bloodshot eyes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Bloodshot eyes >>>
Hydroxyzine (latest outcomes from 9,084 users) has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Bloodshot eyes (bloodshot eyes appear red because the vessels in the surface of the white portion of the eye (sclera) become swollen) (latest reports from 2,607 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, depression.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 8,459 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine. Among them, 3 people (0.04%) have Bloodshot Eyes.
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Bloodshot eyes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bloodshot eyes when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Bloodshot eyes||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Bloodshot eyes when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Bloodshot eyes when taking Hydroxyzine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bloodshot eyes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bloodshot eyes||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (2 people, 66.67%)
- Nausea (1 people, 33.33%)
- Depression (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pruritus (1 people, 33.33%)
- Blood glucose abnormal (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methadone hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
- Clonidine hcl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lidocaine hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
- Promethazine hcl (1 people, 33.33%)
- Fluoxetine hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bloodshot Eyes while taking Hydroxyzine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Bloodshot Eyes
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who have Bloodshot Eyes
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus?
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a w ...
- Could the iud cause body pain nerevous,dizziness,confessing after about a year?
I was having a light chest pain going over to my right arm went to the hospital and they said they could find anything ....Once again said it was anxiety.... I was woundering if the iud could have infected my body some how causing the symptoms and more..thank you for you time....
- What is the cause of leg and foot pain?
Right leg pains start in the afternoon and get more painful at night.
- Is it bad to take levorphanol tartrate if i have liver damage caused by hep c
I am receiving treatment from the V.A. in Los Angeles, Ca..
Last summer the va started to hint at forcing me to be seen by there pain mngt. team. Also I was to start treatment for my hep c, it was just becomming active. I knew that the interferon would be just a little stressful for aprox; one ye ...
- Hydroxyzine and suboxone is it safe together?? almost at my 6 month mark of this pregnancy!
I'm almost 6 months pregnant. The doctor started me on 25mg of hydroxyzine 1 or 2 for anxiety and 1 or 2 at bed. I've just been taking 3 an hour or so before bed. Today he started me on 1 mg of Suboxone a day. Is my 3 an evening still going to be safe because it's helped tremendously with making up ...
- Has anyone had issues with vistaril causing ibs flare ups? and does vistaril help ic symptoms?
I have had IBS for almost 20 years and was diagnosed with IC about 12 years ago. I have been on Elavil for about 2 years and it was causing weight gain and I was starting to not sleep well at night past few months even when I take 3 of the Elavil at bedtime. So I asked my doctor if there was somethi ...
- Does generic cialis effect kidneys, prostate, or persons with cholesterol
I worry that I may be further damaging my health. Taking generic cialis helps me retain interest, and it adds size to my flacid penis when at nudist beach, and therefore gives me more self confidence.
I also read bad stuff about atarax.
- Low dose of hydroxyzine 20mg daily
is tardive dyskinesia at low doses of hydroxyzine 20mg daily rare or not happened
- My 9 year old son takes guanfacine, hydroxyzine, and depakote for adhd, anxiety, and a mild unspecified mood disorder. are all these medications safe for him?
My son is a vibrant 9 year old boy. He has been diagnosed with ADHD, Anxiety, and an unspecified mood disorder. We have tried Adderall, (which kept him awake all night)Concerta and Depakote combo which made him angry all the time. Now we are at a new clinic. He is now prescribed Guanfacine, Depakote ...
- Did anyone get sore throat while undergoing medication for uti
I had been diagnosed with UTI last week. I had been experiencing pain when unrinating thus I consulted my OBGyne for I had been once checked by a Urologist and told me that my UTI is not related to any kidney problems thus recommending me to see an OBGyne.
My OBGyne told me that I take Zinnat twice ...
More questions for: Hydroxyzine, Bloodshot eyes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Eczema and birth control
I have never had eczema in my life. A few years ago, in March/April 2012, I began taking birth control (Caziant) for the first time. About a month or two later, I noticed a red patch of skin on my armpit that wouldn't stop itching. I was given different types of fungal creams and corticosteriod crea ...
- I got really horrible tremors.
I had severe almost convulsing tremors, I made myself throw up the medication and the tremors subsided. My body feels really sore from the intensity of the tremors but I feel a lot better. I won't continue taking this medication, it was a nightmare.
More reviews for: Hydroxyzine, Bloodshot eyes
On eHealthMe, Hydroxyzine (hydroxyzine hydrochloride) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Hydroxyzine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Hydroxyzine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Hydroxyzine, Bloodshot eyes
Recent Hydroxyzine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Vistaril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Effexor Xr for a 50-year old woman who has Depression Anxiety
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Strattera, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Oxtellar Xr for a 19-year old boy who has ADHD
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Desloratadine And Pseudoephedrine Sulfate 24 Hour for a 56-year old man who has Doctors Orders
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Montelukast Sodium for a 72-year old man who has Anxiety And Stress
- Comparions of Estradiol Valerate, Medroxyprogesterone Acetate, Spironolactone, Hydroxyzine, Celexa for a 26-year old woman who has Schizophrenia, Paranoid Type
- Comparions of Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ketotifen Fumarate, Hydroxyzine, Clemastine Fumarate, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride for a 26-year old woman who has Hayfever
- Comparions of Atarax, Bi-sifrol for a 68-year old woman who has Restlessness
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Adderall 20, Valium, Abilify for a 32-year old man who has Schizoaffective Disorder
- Comparions of Holy Basil, Indole - 3 - Carbinol, Vistaril for a 39-year old man who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Hydroxyzine, Lexapro, Doxazosin Mesylate, Gabapentin, Arimidex for a 52-year old woman who has Breast Cancer
More related comparison studies for: Hydroxyzine, Bloodshot eyes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Abilify, Topiramate, Cymbalta, Adderall 30 for a 30-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder, Mood Disorder, Chronic Depression, Depression (6 seconds ago)
- Sprintec, Escitalopram, Vyvanse, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control, Sleeping Difficulty, ADD, Blood Pressure (12 minutes ago)
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Pelvic Pain and Birth Control
- Vomiting and Blood Pressure
- Vomiting and Vyvanse
- Vomiting and Add
- Vomiting and Escitalopram
Recent user comments
- "Generally happens every couple of mnths has now moved ... " (14 minutes ago)
- "Edema of ankles and lower legs, blister-like or pimpl ... " (26 minutes ago)
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (7 hours ago)
- Theolair Sr
- Pseudomonas Pseudomallei Infection