Review: could Hydroxyzine cause Completed suicide?
Summary: Completed suicide is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Alprazolam, and have Ill-defined disorder.
We study 8,484 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyzine from FDA and social media. Among them, 348 have Completed suicide. Find out below who they are, when they have Completed suicide and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Completed suicide >>>
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 9,111 Hydroxyzine users)
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, ill-defined disorder, pain, quit smoking. (latest reports from 36,355 Completed suicide patients)
On Mar, 16, 2015: 8,484 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine. Among them, 348 people (4.10%) have Completed Suicide.
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Completed suicide * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Completed suicide||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Completed suicide when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Completed suicide||67.53%||32.47% |
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Completed suicide||0.00%||0.30%||9.12%||3.95%||21.88%||41.95%||13.37%||9.42% |
Severity of Completed suicide when taking Hydroxyzine ** :
How people recovered from Completed suicide ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Ill-defined disorder (12 people, 3.45%)
- Completed suicide (7 people, 2.01%)
- Depression (5 people, 1.44%)
- Paranoia (3 people, 0.86%)
- Pain (3 people, 0.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Alprazolam (51 people, 14.66%)
- Gabapentin (50 people, 14.37%)
- Mirtazapine (44 people, 12.64%)
- Acetaminophen (43 people, 12.36%)
- Lamotrigine (42 people, 12.07%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydroxyzine and completed suicide on
Do you have Completed Suicide while taking Hydroxyzine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Completed Suicide
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who have Completed Suicide
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine for a 28-year old woman with Add Inattentive Type, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Repeated Nightmares, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride for a 50-year old woman with House Dust Allergy, Itching, Hives. The patient has Hives, Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Acyclovir, Hydroxyzine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 42-year old woman with Herpes Simplex, Bladder Pain, Insomnia, Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent. The patient has Bladder Pain, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Singulair, Spiriva, Norvasc, Symbicort, Bystolic, Klonopin for a 67-year old woman with Excitability, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blurred Vision, Dizziness Aggravated, Anxiety, Weight Loss - Intentional, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Tenex, Concerta, Hydroxyzine, Clonidine for a 5-year old boy with ADHD, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Blows His Nose Constantly, Meltdowns, Shakes, Seeing Things Only At Night
Recent Hydroxyzine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.