Hydroxyzine and Completed suicide - from FDA reports
Completed suicide is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Suicide attempt. This review analyzes which people have Completed suicide with Hydroxyzine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,710 people who have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
15,710 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine.
Among them, 731 people (4.65%) have Completed suicide
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Completed suicide *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Completed suicide when taking Hydroxyzine *:
- female: 64.5 %
- male: 35.5 %
Age of people who have Completed suicide when taking Hydroxyzine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.15 %
- 10-19: 9.37 %
- 20-29: 9.81 %
- 30-39: 22.4 %
- 40-49: 30.89 %
- 50-59: 19.62 %
- 60+: 7.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Suicide Attempt (10 people, 1.37%)
- Ill-Defined Disorder (7 people, 0.96%)
- Depression (6 people, 0.82%)
- Back Pain (3 people, 0.41%)
- Pain (2 people, 0.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Clonazepam (76 people, 10.40%)
- Alprazolam (75 people, 10.26%)
- Gabapentin (69 people, 9.44%)
- Mirtazapine (65 people, 8.89%)
- Zolpidem (59 people, 8.07%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Poisoning (117 people, 16.01%)
- Cardiac Arrest (110 people, 15.05%)
- Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped (108 people, 14.77%)
- Cardio-Respiratory Arrest (85 people, 11.63%)
- Death (45 people, 6.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Completed suicide when taking Hydroxyzine?
- Check symptoms - is completed suicide caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCompleted suicide and drugs with ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCompleted suicide and Hydroxyzine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Hydroxyzine 16,756 users)
Completed suicide (act of taking one's own life) has been reported by people with depression, suicide attempt, stress and anxiety, pain, quit smoking (latest reports from 56,615 Completed suicide patients).
Browse all side effects of Hydroxyzinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Completed suicideCompleted suicide
Could your condition cause Completed suicideCompleted suicide
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My brother in law took his own life two months ago after being put on high doses of Seroquel. The family was not informed of the possibility of escalating depression or suicidal thoughts. If the Dr. thought that he was so ill that he needed a medication that might cause suicide, why wasn't he ...
User reviews to the study
I feel tired all the time and am oversleeping. I find it extremely difficult to get out of the exhaustion and go with my day. Any suggestions? I'm to the point of going to the ER because I'm overly tired.