Review: could Hydroxyzine cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Kidney failure is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have High blood pressure.
We study 8,489 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyzine from FDA and social media. Among them, 146 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Kidney failure >>>
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 9,114 Hydroxyzine users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 57,659 Kidney failure patients)
On Apr, 11, 2015: 8,489 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine. Among them, 146 people (1.72%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Kidney failure||48.81%||51.19% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||2.65%||0.66%||3.97%||13.91%||8.61%||13.91%||56.29% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Hydroxyzine ** :
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (28 people, 19.18%)
- Pain (26 people, 17.81%)
- Prophylaxis (23 people, 15.75%)
- Graft versus host disease (21 people, 14.38%)
- Nausea (21 people, 14.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (72 people, 49.32%)
- Acetaminophen (61 people, 41.78%)
- Insulin (45 people, 30.82%)
- Lorazepam (45 people, 30.82%)
- Famotidine (41 people, 28.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydroxyzine and kidney failure on
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Hydroxyzine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Hydroxyzine, Prednisone, Ortho Cyclen-28, Suboxone, Zoloft for a 34-year old woman with Otitis Media Chronic, Anxiety, Pregnancy, Addiction, Depression. The patient has Panic Attacks, Confusion Aggravated, Unhappy, Body Tinea
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Zopiclone for a 62-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Renal Failure
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Atarax for a 43-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Itching.
Recent Hydroxyzine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.