Review: could Hydroxyzine cause Kidney failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Kidney failure is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Furosemide, and have High blood pressure.
We study 8,484 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyzine from FDA and social media. Among them, 167 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Kidney failure >>>
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 9,111 Hydroxyzine users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 57,659 Kidney failure patients)
On Mar, 12, 2015: 8,484 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine. Among them, 146 people (1.72%) have Kidney Failure.
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Kidney failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Kidney failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Kidney failure||48.81%||51.19% |
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Kidney failure||0.00%||2.65%||0.66%||3.97%||13.91%||8.61%||13.91%||56.29% |
Severity of Kidney failure when taking Hydroxyzine ** :
How people recovered from Kidney failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (28 people, 19.18%)
- Pain (26 people, 17.81%)
- Prophylaxis (23 people, 15.75%)
- Graft versus host disease (21 people, 14.38%)
- Nausea (21 people, 14.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (72 people, 49.32%)
- Acetaminophen (61 people, 41.78%)
- Insulin (45 people, 30.82%)
- Lorazepam (45 people, 30.82%)
- Famotidine (41 people, 28.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydroxyzine and kidney failure on
Do you have Kidney Failure while taking Hydroxyzine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Kidney Failure
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who have Kidney Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine for a 28-year old woman with Add Inattentive Type, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Repeated Nightmares, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride for a 50-year old woman with House Dust Allergy, Itching, Hives. The patient has Hives, Hives
- A study of drug interactions between Acyclovir, Hydroxyzine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 42-year old woman with Herpes Simplex, Bladder Pain, Insomnia, Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent. The patient has Bladder Pain, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Singulair, Spiriva, Norvasc, Symbicort, Bystolic, Klonopin for a 67-year old woman with Excitability, Allergic Sinusitis, Copd, Blood Pressure Increased, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Blurred Vision, Dizziness Aggravated, Anxiety, Weight Loss - Intentional, Itching
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 57-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Renal Failure - Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)
Recent Hydroxyzine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.