Review: could Hydroxyzine cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Hydroxyzine hcl, and have Restless leg syndrome.
We study 8,484 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyzine from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 9,111 Hydroxyzine users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless legs syndrome patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 8,479 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine. Among them, 30 people (0.35%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Restless legs syndrome||81.48%||18.52% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||4.17%||16.67%||8.33%||62.50% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Hydroxyzine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Restless legs syndrome (9 people, 30.00%)
- General anaesthesia (6 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (4 people, 13.33%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 10.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydroxyzine hcl (11 people, 36.67%)
- Propofol (9 people, 30.00%)
- Sufentanil (8 people, 26.67%)
- Pramipexole (8 people, 26.67%)
- Droperidol (8 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Hydroxyzine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine for a 28-year old woman with Add Inattentive Type, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Repeated Nightmares, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride for a 50-year old woman with House Dust Allergy, Itching, Hives. The patient has Hives, Hives
- A study of side effects of Methylprednisolone for a 21-year old woman with Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
- A study of drug interactions between Acyclovir, Hydroxyzine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Doxycycline Hyclate for a 42-year old woman with Herpes Simplex, Bladder Pain, Insomnia, Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent. The patient has Bladder Pain, Vulvovaginal Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Seroquel for a 52-year old woman with Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Sleep Walking
Recent Hydroxyzine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.