Review: could Hydroxyzine cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Hydroxyzine hcl, and have Restless leg syndrome.
We study 8,489 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyzine from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 9,114 Hydroxyzine users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless legs syndrome patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 8,484 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine. Among them, 30 people (0.35%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Restless legs syndrome||81.48%||18.52% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||8.33%||4.17%||16.67%||8.33%||62.50% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Hydroxyzine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Restless legs syndrome (9 people, 30.00%)
- General anaesthesia (6 people, 20.00%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (4 people, 13.33%)
- Insomnia (3 people, 10.00%)
- Anxiety (2 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Hydroxyzine hcl (11 people, 36.67%)
- Propofol (9 people, 30.00%)
- Sufentanil (8 people, 26.67%)
- Pramipexole (8 people, 26.67%)
- Droperidol (8 people, 26.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Hydroxyzine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ventolin, Anturol, Tramadol, Hydroxyzine, Wellbutrin, Methylphenidate Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Succinate, Levoxyl, Trileptal, Topiramate for a 44-year old woman with Panic Attacks, Overactive Bladder, Tension Headaches, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Adhd, Gerd, Fibromyalgia, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, Bipolar. The patient has Leg And Arm Numbness (upper Arms), Exhaustion
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Haloperidol for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Atarax for a 43-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Itching.
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
Recent Hydroxyzine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.