Hydroxyzine and Restless legs syndrome - from FDA reports
Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Nexium, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Restless legs syndrome with Hydroxyzine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,710 people who have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
15,710 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine.
Among them, 37 people (0.24%) have Restless legs syndrome
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Hydroxyzine *:
- female: 78.12 %
- male: 21.88 %
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Hydroxyzine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 3.7 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.41 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 18.52 %
- 50-59: 25.93 %
- 60+: 44.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (6 people, 16.22%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (4 people, 10.81%)
- Narcolepsy (4 people, 10.81%)
- Muscle Spasms (4 people, 10.81%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (9 people, 24.32%)
- Lisinopril (8 people, 21.62%)
- Celebrex (8 people, 21.62%)
- Seroquel (7 people, 18.92%)
- Metoclopramide (7 people, 18.92%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Joint Pain (11 people, 29.73%)
- High Blood Pressure (11 people, 29.73%)
- Headache (11 people, 29.73%)
- Fatigue (9 people, 24.32%)
- Diarrhea (8 people, 21.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Restless legs syndrome when taking Hydroxyzine?
- Check symptoms - is restless legs syndrome caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRestless legs syndrome and drugs with ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRestless legs syndrome and Hydroxyzine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Hydroxyzine 16,756 users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 27,456 Restless legs syndrome patients).
Browse all side effects of Hydroxyzinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Restless legs syndromeRestless legs syndrome
Could your condition cause Restless legs syndromeRestless legs syndrome
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi. Just after some advice. I'd had a RSL for years and this has worsened to the point that about twice per week I am awakened during the night and need to get out of bed to stretch my legs. Normally I can return to sleep pretty easily so I guess I can't complain too much. I was prescribed ...
I am recently (about 2 months) off suboxone and am currently going through some restless leg syndrome problems. It is pretty bad and I am having trouble getting rid of it on a daily basis. What should I do
User reviews to the study
I feel tired all the time and am oversleeping. I find it extremely difficult to get out of the exhaustion and go with my day. Any suggestions? I'm to the point of going to the ER because I'm overly tired.
Rx called "REQUIP" (but of course has the usual hundred side effects) but its 100% effective. I personally don't like the side effect risks and I am not sure about the RX Ambien. Prudent thing to do – ask your doctor
I was diagnosed with RLS after my last pregnancy, 13 yrs ago. I started using Requip .5mg, but after a while the doctor changed my medication to Mirapex because Requip wasn't working anymore. I get RLS in my legs, arms and even my head. Not sure if anyone out there has the same problem. ...