Review: could Hydroxyzine cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
Summary: Shortness of breath is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Potassium chloride, and have High blood pressure.
We study 8,484 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyzine from FDA and social media. Among them, 532 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Shortness of breath >>>
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 9,111 Hydroxyzine users)
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 165,466 Shortness of breath patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 8,484 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine. Among them, 532 people (6.27%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||63.64%||13.64%||0.00%||18.18%||4.55%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Shortness of breath||70.22%||29.78% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||2.99%||0.85%||6.62%||8.55%||14.10%||30.56%||36.32% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Hydroxyzine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (90 people, 16.92%)
- Pain (80 people, 15.04%)
- Diabetes mellitus (67 people, 12.59%)
- Blood cholesterol (63 people, 11.84%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (60 people, 11.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (110 people, 20.68%)
- Simvastatin (110 people, 20.68%)
- Prilosec (108 people, 20.30%)
- Aspirin (100 people, 18.80%)
- Zocor (95 people, 17.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydroxyzine and shortness of breath on
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Hydroxyzine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Shortness Of Breath
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Omega-3 Fatty Acid for a 26-year old woman with Ome. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Tamiflu, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Nitrostat, Ondansetron, Oxycodone, Actemra, Nasonex, Spiriva, Victoza, Arava, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Ranexa, Lantus Solostar, Wellbutrin Xl, Tricor, Carvedilol, Plavix, Xarelto for a 71-year old woman with Influenza B, Copd, Angina, Nausea And Vomiting, Pain, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Rhinitis, Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes Mellitus, Stop Smoking, Blood Clots. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Neuropathy, Tinnitus, Loss Of Coordination, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Loss, Appetite - Decreased, Diarrhea, Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Hydroxyzine for a 28-year old woman with Add Inattentive Type, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition. The patient has Repeated Nightmares, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, Circadian Rhythm Sleep Disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Atarax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride for a 50-year old woman with House Dust Allergy, Itching, Hives. The patient has Hives, Hives
- A study of side effects of Brilinta for a 74-year old man with Heart Attack. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Recent Hydroxyzine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.