Home > Hydroxyzine > Shortness of breath > Hydroxyzine and Shortness of breath
Review: could Hydroxyzine cause Shortness of breath (Breathing difficulty)?
We study 8,459 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyzine from FDA and social media. Among them, 661 have Shortness of breath. Find out below who they are, when they have Shortness of breath and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Shortness of breath >>>
Hydroxyzine (latest outcomes from 9,077 users) has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety.
Shortness of breath
Shortness of breath (latest reports from 1,338,463 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 8,449 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine. Among them, 532 people (6.30%) have Shortness Of Breath.
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Shortness of breath * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Shortness of breath||63.64%||13.64%||0.00%||18.18%||4.55%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Shortness of breath||70.22%||29.78% |
Age of people who have Shortness of breath when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Shortness of breath||0.00%||2.99%||0.85%||6.62%||8.55%||14.10%||30.56%||36.32% |
Severity of Shortness of breath when taking Hydroxyzine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Shortness of breath||20.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Shortness of breath ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Shortness of breath||25.00%||0.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (90 people, 16.92%)
- Pain (80 people, 15.04%)
- Diabetes mellitus (67 people, 12.59%)
- Blood cholesterol (63 people, 11.84%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (60 people, 11.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (110 people, 20.68%)
- Simvastatin (110 people, 20.68%)
- Prilosec (108 people, 20.30%)
- Aspirin (100 people, 18.80%)
- Zocor (95 people, 17.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Shortness Of Breath while taking Hydroxyzine?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Shortness Of Breath
- group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- group for people who have Shortness Of Breath
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Hydroxyzine, Shortness of breath
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Eczema and birth control
I have never had eczema in my life. A few years ago, in March/April 2012, I began taking birth control (Caziant) for the first time. About a month or two later, I noticed a red patch of skin on my armpit that wouldn't stop itching. I was given different types of fungal creams and corticosteriod crea ...
- I got really horrible tremors.
I had severe almost convulsing tremors, I made myself throw up the medication and the tremors subsided. My body feels really sore from the intensity of the tremors but I feel a lot better. I won't continue taking this medication, it was a nightmare.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Hydroxyzine, Shortness of breath
On eHealthMe, Hydroxyzine (hydroxyzine hydrochloride) is often used for stress and anxiety. Find out below the conditions Hydroxyzine is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Hydroxyzine used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (16 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (16 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (25 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (28 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (41 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Vaso Occlusive Disease Of The Legs
- Study/meningoencephalitis Adenoviral
- Acute Pancreatitis
- Cluster Headache