Review: could Hydroxyzine cause Throat irritation?
Summary: Throat irritation is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Atarax, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 8,489 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxyzine from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Throat irritation. Find out below who they are, when they have Throat irritation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Throat irritation >>>
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from 9,116 Hydroxyzine users)
Throat irritation has been reported by people with asthma, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest reports from 11,609 Throat irritation patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 8,484 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine. Among them, 22 people (0.26%) have Throat Irritation.
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Throat irritation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Throat irritation||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Throat irritation when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Throat irritation||90.91%||9.09% |
Age of people who have Throat irritation when taking Hydroxyzine * :
|Throat irritation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.73%||9.09%||22.73%||27.27%||18.18% |
Severity of Throat irritation when taking Hydroxyzine ** :
How people recovered from Throat irritation ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (5 people, 22.73%)
- Eczema (5 people, 22.73%)
- Bipolar disorder (2 people, 9.09%)
- Hepatitis c (1 people, 4.55%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atarax (7 people, 31.82%)
- Zantac (6 people, 27.27%)
- Ativan (6 people, 27.27%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 27.27%)
- Cephalexin (6 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of hydroxyzine and throat irritation on
Do you have Throat Irritation while taking Hydroxyzine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine and have Throat Irritation
- support group for people who take Hydroxyzine
- support group for people who have Throat Irritation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Atarax for a 43-year old man with Sleep Disorder, Itching.
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Omeprazole, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Hydroxyzine, Sertraline, Lamotrigine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Montelukast Sodium for a 39-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Allergy, Vitamin D Decreased, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Asthma. The patient has Bronchitis Acute, Irregular Heartbeat
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Vistaril for a 54-year old woman with Depression, Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Hydroxyzine for a 20-year old woman with Depression, Anxiety And Stress. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Hydroxyzine, Pravastatin Sodium, Dapsone, Stribild for a 43-year old woman with Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Itching, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Opportunistic Infection, Hiv. The patient has Lumbar Pain, Impaired Memory, Chills, Cold Intolerance
Recent Hydroxyzine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.