Hydroxyzine and Throat irritation - from FDA reports
Throat irritation is found among people who take Hydroxyzine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Atarax, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Throat irritation with Hydroxyzine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,710 people who have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 18, 2017
15,710 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxyzine.
Among them, 50 people (0.32%) have Throat irritation
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Hydroxyzine when people have Throat irritation *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Throat irritation when taking Hydroxyzine *:
- female: 76 %
- male: 24 %
Age of people who have Throat irritation when taking Hydroxyzine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.38 %
- 20-29: 11.9 %
- 30-39: 9.52 %
- 40-49: 11.9 %
- 50-59: 38.1 %
- 60+: 26.19 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (8 people, 16.00%)
- Asthma (7 people, 14.00%)
- Tremor (5 people, 10.00%)
- Neuralgia (5 people, 10.00%)
- Eczema (5 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair (10 people, 20.00%)
- Atarax (10 people, 20.00%)
- Triamcinolone (8 people, 16.00%)
- Ibuprofen (8 people, 16.00%)
- Clonazepam (8 people, 16.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (16 people, 32.00%)
- Head Injury (14 people, 28.00%)
- Fatigue (13 people, 26.00%)
- Cough (13 people, 26.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (13 people, 26.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Throat irritation when taking Hydroxyzine?
- Check symptoms - is throat irritation caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsThroat irritation and drugs with ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeThroat irritation and Hydroxyzine from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Hydroxyzine has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Hydroxyzine 16,756 users)
Throat irritation has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 23,157 Throat irritation patients).
Browse all side effects of Hydroxyzinea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Throat irritationThroat irritation
Could your condition cause Throat irritationThroat irritation
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I feel tired all the time and am oversleeping. I find it extremely difficult to get out of the exhaustion and go with my day. Any suggestions? I'm to the point of going to the ER because I'm overly tired.
Hi, im mother of 10 years old girl, she has autism, anxiety and sleep disorder , the doctor gave her a presciption with clonidine 0.2 and hydroxyzine 50 mg. For her sleep disorder. But i need to know more about this combination; because 1 year ago she had been taking just hydroxyzine and she has ...
Want to know of any Aborted Sudden Cardiac Death incidents associated with taking 250 mcg Tikosyn and hydroxizine. Am preparing a med malpractice lawsuit re: this matter. All help appreciated. Both these meds r QT prolongers contributing to TdP preceding SCD.