Review: could Ibuprofen cause Abdominal bloating?
Summary: Abdominal bloating is reported only by a few people who take Ibuprofen.
We study 57,979 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Abdominal bloating. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal bloating and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Abdominal bloating >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 61,602 users)
Abdominal bloating (feeling of tightness around abdomen) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, birth control.(latest reports from Abdominal bloating 298 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 57,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Abdominal Bloating.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Abdominal bloating * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal bloating||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal bloating when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Abdominal bloating||66.67%||33.33% |
Age of people who have Abdominal bloating when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Abdominal bloating||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
Severity of Abdominal bloating when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal bloating||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal bloating ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal bloating||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rls (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pain (1 people, 33.33%)
- Asthma (1 people, 33.33%)
- Anxiety (1 people, 33.33%)
- Hemorrhoids (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prozac (1 people, 33.33%)
- Klonopin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Requip (1 people, 33.33%)
- Singulair (1 people, 33.33%)
- Klor-con (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Bloating while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Abdominal Bloating
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Abdominal Bloating
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Ibuprofen, Abdominal bloating
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could not bathe myself, drive, my speech was broken, I could not add two plus two. I was not the woman I was before Gemzar treatment.Now I am unable to work, I am unable to live on my own, I must always be in the company of another person. I have lost my home and car and job due to this condition. I am currently in speech therapy and soon will start occupational therapy (which is VERY costly) This month marks the one year anniversary of this condition for me. I am making progress. I am able to bathe myself, I can do a little cooking, (although the first time I tried I caught the kitchen on fire a little), I am still living with my Mother , as she is my care taker, my nurse, my driver, my chef, my house cleaner. I currently receive disability. My student loans have gone into default. I could go on but I am depressing myself. I am, followed by my Oncologist every two months now.I want to share this information to anyone and everyone who can benefit from this information.
Thank you, Chelette Williams, BA,MBA.
More reviews for: Ibuprofen, Abdominal bloating
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- Today is 11-15-14 and on 11-13-14 I had a mirena iud placed 6weeks postpartum. About 2hours after my mid to lower back started hurting. I tried stretching and got no relief. Is it possible that the iud is causing this pain?
- My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- I take 60 of the Adderall XR a day. I have stomach bloating and gas and have been diagnosed via a blood test that I have celiac disease. I have tried to eat a gluten-free diet but find it expensive and time consuming. Some days are better than others but most days I feel bloated and cannot stand any ...
More related studies for: Ibuprofen, Abdominal bloating
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.