Review: could Ibuprofen cause Abdominal cramps (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Abdominal cramps is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Yasmin, and have Birth control.
We study 58,026 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,878 have Abdominal cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Abdominal cramps >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 61,653 Ibuprofen users)
Abdominal cramps has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression. (latest reports from 78,095 Abdominal cramps patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 58,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 1,878 people (3.24%) have Abdominal Cramps.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Abdominal cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal cramps||46.07%||30.89%||3.14%||6.28%||5.76%||4.19%||3.66% |
Gender of people who have Abdominal cramps when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Abdominal cramps||75.16%||24.84% |
Age of people who have Abdominal cramps when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Abdominal cramps||0.22%||2.58%||10.16%||19.14%||17.79%||17.68%||15.60%||16.84% |
Severity of Abdominal cramps when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Abdominal cramps||5.88%||47.06%||47.06%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Abdominal cramps ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Abdominal cramps||22.22%||0.00%||77.78% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (340 people, 18.10%)
- Pain (288 people, 15.34%)
- Depression (134 people, 7.14%)
- Premenstrual syndrome (131 people, 6.98%)
- Hypertension (103 people, 5.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Yasmin (378 people, 20.13%)
- Yaz (374 people, 19.91%)
- Aspirin (247 people, 13.15%)
- Zometa (223 people, 11.87%)
- Nexium (166 people, 8.84%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ibuprofen and abdominal cramps on
Do you have Abdominal Cramps while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Abdominal Cramps
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Abdominal Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Quetiapine Fumarate for a 20-year old woman with Miscarriage. The patient has Depression, Dark Circles Under Eyes, Yellow Skin, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Decreased Appetite, Headache, Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Vitamins, Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Heart Attack, Arthritis, General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Periodontal Disease, Periodontal Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
Recent Ibuprofen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.