Review: could Ibuprofen cause Autoimmune disorder?
Summary: Autoimmune disorder is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Acne.
We study 58,026 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Autoimmune disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Autoimmune disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Autoimmune disorder >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 61,653 Ibuprofen users)
Autoimmune disorder (a condition in which the immune system attacks the body's normal substances and tissue) has been reported by people with acne, hepatitis c, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 2,919 Autoimmune disorder patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 58,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 35 people (0.06%) have Autoimmune Disorder.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Autoimmune disorder * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Autoimmune disorder||62.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.50% |
Gender of people who have Autoimmune disorder when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Autoimmune disorder||58.33%||41.67% |
Age of people who have Autoimmune disorder when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Autoimmune disorder||0.00%||2.86%||0.00%||8.57%||20.00%||34.29%||25.71%||8.57% |
Severity of Autoimmune disorder when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Autoimmune disorder||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Autoimmune disorder ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Autoimmune disorder||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Acne (3 people, 8.57%)
- Rheumatic fever (3 people, 8.57%)
- Fabry's disease (3 people, 8.57%)
- Contraception (3 people, 8.57%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (3 people, 8.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (9 people, 25.71%)
- Benadryl (6 people, 17.14%)
- Potassium chloride (5 people, 14.29%)
- Naproxen (4 people, 11.43%)
- Wellbutrin sr (4 people, 11.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ibuprofen and autoimmune disorder on
Do you have Autoimmune Disorder while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Autoimmune Disorder
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Autoimmune Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Amlodipine Besylate, Nexium for a 55-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Increased Thirst, Dry Skin, Diarrhea, Skin Rash, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Vitamins, Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Heart Attack, Arthritis, General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Periodontal Disease, Periodontal Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a 21-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Sinusitis Aspergillus
Recent Ibuprofen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.