Review: could Ibuprofen cause Coronary heart disease?
Summary: Coronary heart disease is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 58,026 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 209 have Coronary heart disease. Find out below who they are, when they have Coronary heart disease and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Coronary heart disease >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 61,642 Ibuprofen users)
Coronary heart disease
Coronary heart disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 30,651 Coronary heart disease patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 58,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 209 people (0.36%) have Coronary Heart Disease.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Coronary heart disease * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Coronary heart disease||22.22%||0.00%||22.22%||44.44%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11% |
Gender of people who have Coronary heart disease when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Coronary heart disease||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Coronary heart disease when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Coronary heart disease||0.00%||0.00%||0.97%||0.97%||0.97%||12.62%||25.73%||58.74% |
Severity of Coronary heart disease when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Coronary heart disease||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Coronary heart disease ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (29 people, 13.88%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (25 people, 11.96%)
- Multiple myeloma (23 people, 11.00%)
- Osteoarthritis (23 people, 11.00%)
- Hypertension (13 people, 6.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (89 people, 42.58%)
- Lisinopril (65 people, 31.10%)
- Plavix (60 people, 28.71%)
- Nitroglycerin (57 people, 27.27%)
- Zometa (56 people, 26.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Ibuprofen and coronary heart disease on
Do you have Coronary Heart Disease while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Coronary Heart Disease
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Coronary Heart Disease
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a 21-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Sinusitis Aspergillus
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Motrin for a 55-year old man with Stomach Pain. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Motrin Ib, Flexeril, Doxycycline, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Zoloft for a 36-year old woman with Sciatica, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety. The patient has Fatigue, Recurring Skin Boils
Recent Ibuprofen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.