Ibuprofen and Hallucinations - from FDA reports
Hallucinations is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Chantix, and have Quit smoking. This review analyzes which people have Hallucinations with Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,006 people who have side effects when taking Ibuprofen from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
102,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen.
Among them, 546 people (0.54%) have Hallucinations
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Hallucinations *:
- < 1 month: 70.73 %
- 1 - 6 months: 19.51 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.88 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.44 %
- 5 - 10 years: 2.44 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hallucinations when taking Ibuprofen *:
- female: 59.32 %
- male: 40.68 %
Age of people who have Hallucinations when taking Ibuprofen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 4.86 %
- 10-19: 4.64 %
- 20-29: 11.92 %
- 30-39: 9.71 %
- 40-49: 16.11 %
- 50-59: 16.34 %
- 60+: 36.42 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Quit Smoking (43 people, 7.88%)
- Nasopharyngitis (35 people, 6.41%)
- Stress And Anxiety (33 people, 6.04%)
- Depression (31 people, 5.68%)
- High Blood Pressure (29 people, 5.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Chantix (70 people, 12.82%)
- Zoloft (56 people, 10.26%)
- Acetaminophen (56 people, 10.26%)
- Neurontin (53 people, 9.71%)
- Ambien (50 people, 9.16%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (118 people, 21.61%)
- Confusional State (102 people, 18.68%)
- Memory Loss (96 people, 17.58%)
- Fatigue (83 people, 15.20%)
- Agitation (77 people, 14.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucinations when taking Ibuprofen?
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 103,696 users)
Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind) has been reported by people with depression, pain, parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 37,973 Hallucinations patients).