Review: could Ibuprofen cause Insomnia concerns (Insomnia)?
Summary: Insomnia concerns is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 57,979 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,461 have Insomnia concerns. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia concerns and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Insomnia concerns >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 61,602 users)
Insomnia concerns (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain.(latest reports from Insomnia concerns 131,083 patients)
On Dec, 5, 2014: 57,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 1,461 people (2.52%) have Insomnia Concerns.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Insomnia concerns * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Insomnia concerns||43.01%||16.13%||1.08%||4.30%||9.68%||9.68%||16.13% |
Gender of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Insomnia concerns||63.96%||36.04% |
Age of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Insomnia concerns||0.46%||1.08%||2.94%||10.36%||10.51%||24.81%||27.36%||22.49% |
Severity of Insomnia concerns when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Insomnia concerns||14.29%||28.57%||47.62%||9.52% |
How people recovered from Insomnia concerns ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Insomnia concerns||12.50%||37.50%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (235 people, 16.08%)
- Depression (161 people, 11.02%)
- Insomnia (103 people, 7.05%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (91 people, 6.23%)
- Anxiety (86 people, 5.89%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (234 people, 16.02%)
- Ambien (226 people, 15.47%)
- Aspirin (204 people, 13.96%)
- Aredia (192 people, 13.14%)
- Neurontin (179 people, 12.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia Concerns while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Insomnia Concerns
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Insomnia Concerns
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Ibuprofen, Insomnia concerns
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so sleepy. Maddening. Do not understand at all.
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first normal bowel movement in over 2 years. Stomach so damaged by Lorazepam that I have absolutely no appetite. I force myself to eat. Neuropathy in hands nearly gone. Feet are better but slower. Lymphedema that appeared after one year on Lorazepam is now gone. I have full range of motion.
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off the meds for several years, I have a lot on my mind, aging parents and mother in law, kids in college that are struggling, my wife and I are 55 in corporate America, getting pushed aside, what to do in retirement, etc..but I was keeping it all together. I have incredibly anxious since that night. Still waking up at 3 am every night. Initially lots of thoughts about my loved ones dying. Thoughts about either my wife or I living alone, these thoughts have faded. None of the issues are on my mind but I get crazy anxious and cannot be alone. I am able to fall asleep, actually fall out really hard. Wake up every night at 3 and end up very anxious by noon. No appetite, lost more than 10 lbs in 10 days. On some meds to calm down and back on the anxiety meds. I believe the Lipitor triggered the attacks. I stopped the Lipitor immediately.
More reviews for: Ibuprofen, Insomnia concerns
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- I have had insomnia off and on all my life until I turned 40 and the I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis and I was tired all the time and I was sleeping a lot for me and it was good to be able to sleep. The doctor put me on Methotrexate and Enbrel and I could still sleep not as much as before ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- Today is 11-15-14 and on 11-13-14 I had a mirena iud placed 6weeks postpartum. About 2hours after my mid to lower back started hurting. I tried stretching and got no relief. Is it possible that the iud is causing this pain?
- My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
More related studies for: Ibuprofen, Insomnia concerns
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.