Review: could Ibuprofen cause Insomnia concerns (Insomnia)?
Summary: Insomnia concerns is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 58,026 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,462 have Insomnia concerns. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia concerns and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Insomnia concerns >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 61,653 Ibuprofen users)
Insomnia concerns (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 131,590 Insomnia concerns patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 58,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 1,462 people (2.52%) have Insomnia Concerns.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Insomnia concerns * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Insomnia concerns||43.62%||15.96%||1.06%||4.26%||9.57%||9.57%||15.96% |
Gender of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Insomnia concerns||63.98%||36.02% |
Age of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Insomnia concerns||0.46%||1.08%||2.93%||10.42%||10.50%||24.79%||27.34%||22.47% |
Severity of Insomnia concerns when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Insomnia concerns||13.64%||31.82%||45.45%||9.09% |
How people recovered from Insomnia concerns ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Insomnia concerns||11.11%||33.33%||55.56% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (236 people, 16.14%)
- Depression (161 people, 11.01%)
- Insomnia (103 people, 7.05%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (91 people, 6.22%)
- Anxiety (86 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (234 people, 16.01%)
- Ambien (226 people, 15.46%)
- Aspirin (204 people, 13.95%)
- Aredia (192 people, 13.13%)
- Neurontin (179 people, 12.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia Concerns while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Insomnia Concerns
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Insomnia Concerns
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Paracetamol, Hydroxocobalamin, Trimethoprim, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a 20-year old woman with Pain - Joints, Pain - Back And Head Aches, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Urine Infection, Palpitations And Increased Heart Rate, Heart Burn, Depression And Anxiety.
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Clonazepam, Amlodipine Besylate for a 68-year old man with Vasovagal, Stress And Anxiety, Blood Pressure. The patient has Insomnia, Abdominal Cramps
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a 56-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vascepa, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Acetazolamide for a 62-year old woman with Headache, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has Hdl/cholesterol Ratio Decreased, Blood Triglycerides Increased, Hypercholesterolemia
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium Hydroxide And Omeprazole And Sodium Bicarbonate, Xarelto, Furosemide, Ismotic, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ranexa for a 91-year old woman with Ulcers, Abnormal Heart Rhythms, High Blood Pressure, Angina. The patient has Difficulty Falling Asleep, Difficulty Breathing While Lying Down, Nightmares
Recent Ibuprofen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.