Review: could Ibuprofen cause Insomnia concerns (Insomnia)?
Summary: Insomnia concerns is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 58,018 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,462 have Insomnia concerns. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia concerns and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Insomnia concerns >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 61,637 Ibuprofen users)
Insomnia concerns (sleeplessness) has been reported by people with depression, insomnia, quit smoking, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 131,451 Insomnia concerns patients)
On Feb, 20, 2015: 58,005 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 1,462 people (2.52%) have Insomnia Concerns.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Insomnia concerns * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Insomnia concerns||43.62%||15.96%||1.06%||4.26%||9.57%||9.57%||15.96% |
Gender of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Insomnia concerns||63.98%||36.02% |
Age of people who have Insomnia concerns when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Insomnia concerns||0.46%||1.08%||2.93%||10.42%||10.50%||24.79%||27.34%||22.47% |
Severity of Insomnia concerns when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Insomnia concerns||13.64%||31.82%||45.45%||9.09% |
How people recovered from Insomnia concerns ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Insomnia concerns||11.11%||33.33%||55.56% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (236 people, 16.14%)
- Depression (161 people, 11.01%)
- Insomnia (103 people, 7.05%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (91 people, 6.22%)
- Anxiety (86 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (234 people, 16.01%)
- Ambien (226 people, 15.46%)
- Aspirin (204 people, 13.95%)
- Aredia (192 people, 13.13%)
- Neurontin (179 people, 12.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia Concerns while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Insomnia Concerns
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Insomnia Concerns
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Singulair, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman with Separation Anxiety, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Asthma, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Allergies. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Peripheral, Muscle Twitching, Pulse, Sleeping Difficulty, Weight Loss, Anxiety, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Effexor for a 43-year old woman with Weight Control, Anxiety. The patient has Sleep Issues, Tension Headaches, Skin Blushing/flushing, Itchy Spot On Face
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 55-year old man with Depression. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Anxiety, Insomnia (sleeplessness)
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a 40-year old man with Headache. The patient has Wegener's Granulomatosis (inflammation of the blood vessels lungs sinuses)
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Sertraline, Promethazine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tri-sprintec, Vyvanse, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Depression, Nausea, Acne And Teenagers, Adhd, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Insomnia, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Abdominal Pain
Recent Ibuprofen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.