Ibuprofen and Mi - from FDA reports
Mi is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Mi with Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,006 people who have side effects when taking Ibuprofen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
102,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen.
Among them, 1,074 people (1.05%) have Mi
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Mi *:
- < 1 month: 31.65 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.39 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8.86 %
- 1 - 2 years: 15.19 %
- 2 - 5 years: 18.99 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.59 %
- 10+ years: 6.33 %
Gender of people who have Mi when taking Ibuprofen *:
- female: 58.42 %
- male: 41.58 %
Age of people who have Mi when taking Ibuprofen *:
- 0-1: 0.55 %
- 2-9: 0.22 %
- 10-19: 1.87 %
- 20-29: 6.71 %
- 30-39: 7.59 %
- 40-49: 12.98 %
- 50-59: 28.6 %
- 60+: 41.47 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (91 people, 8.47%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (86 people, 8.01%)
- Depression (62 people, 5.77%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (55 people, 5.12%)
- Diabetes (54 people, 5.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (156 people, 14.53%)
- Lisinopril (113 people, 10.52%)
- Nexium (105 people, 9.78%)
- Atenolol (97 people, 9.03%)
- Lipitor (96 people, 8.94%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain (201 people, 18.72%)
- Stress And Anxiety (187 people, 17.41%)
- Breathing Difficulty (142 people, 13.22%)
- Stroke (134 people, 12.48%)
- Weakness (133 people, 12.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mi when taking Ibuprofen?
- Check symptoms - is mi caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMi and drugs with ingredients of ibuprofen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMi and Ibuprofen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 107,276 users)
Mi (myocardial infarction, heart attack) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 201,341 Mi patients).
Browse all side effects of Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with MiMi
Could your condition cause MiMi
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
After a few weeks of Ibuprofen for foot pain, I developed hot spots, soreness and pain in lower legs with fever. By the time I saw the doctor, symptoms had improved and tests did not indicate blood clots but all symptoms pointed to that.
User reviews to the study
Hi! I am a 68 year old male. I suffered a DVT and a PE back in December. I was put on Coumadin for three months, and then switched to Eliquis. I am tolerating it well. I suffer from time to time with muscle and joint pains. The only thing that seems to help is Ibuprofin. Some of these pains are ...
After research I have started taking L-glutione and I still take ibuprofen as well.becaise I have AS. Just interested if this has goes anyone to the point of not having to take the ibuprophen any longer.
HI I have been suffering from burning mouth syndrome for one year. I am trying to find the cause and the possibility of it ending...I took Ibuprofren for at least a month while I was having dental work, I had a rough root canal and a tooth pulled...after the root canal I started taking ...