Review: could Ibuprofen cause Mouth ulcers?
Summary: Mouth ulcers is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer.
We study 57,979 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 233 have Mouth ulcers. Find out below who they are, when they have Mouth ulcers and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Mouth ulcers >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 61,602 users)
Mouth ulcers has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple myeloma, pain, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Mouth ulcers 9,951 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 57,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 233 people (0.40%) have Mouth Ulcers.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Mouth ulcers * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mouth ulcers||44.44%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||44.44%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Mouth ulcers||72.09%||27.91% |
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||1.03%||2.56%||9.23%||5.64%||26.15%||25.13%||30.26% |
Severity of Mouth ulcers when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Mouth ulcers||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Mouth ulcers ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Mouth ulcers||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer (36 people, 15.45%)
- Metastases to bone (28 people, 12.02%)
- Prophylaxis (21 people, 9.01%)
- Depression (20 people, 8.58%)
- Pain (20 people, 8.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (80 people, 34.33%)
- Vicodin (59 people, 25.32%)
- Neurontin (54 people, 23.18%)
- Arimidex (53 people, 22.75%)
- Oxycontin (52 people, 22.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mouth Ulcers while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Mouth Ulcers
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Mouth Ulcers
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Ibuprofen, Mouth ulcers
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Steven-johnsons syndrome caused by zoloft
Was diagnosed with depression start of last year due to my Aspergers multiplying school pressures for me. I was not put on any medication until 4 weeks ago. I was put on Zoloft 25mg, which slowly increased to 50mg. The moment I started on 50mg it caused severe lip dryness leading to cracking of the lips and bleeding of the lips. These first problems led to me visiting the general practitioner who dismissed it as being just dry lips. But burning and stinging pain in lip increased to the point where I could not swallow anymore and had to go to the ER. They quickly dismissed it as being simple dehydration with the advise to try and drink as much as possible, but was also advised to stop Zoloft just to be on the safe side. The next day developed water-like mouth ulcers, which then changed into blood ulcers and had a fever jumping between 99.9 and 102.6 Fahrenheit. Went to doctors office again and was told that it was Steven-Johnsons Syndrome. Was given two types of crèmes in hope to stop it spreading and to relieve most of the lip problems. And was also told to take regular, as high as possible, Ibuprofen in order to keep pain under-control. The lip and all the other problems have now left, after 2 months. I am only left with visible scars on my lips. The pain was completely unbearable, felt like being burned, and am happy that pain is now gone.
- Mouth ulceration in cozaar
For painful mouth ulcers caused either by my blood pressure drug, Losartan, or my cholesterol med, Zetia, I rinsed my mouth with warm salt water. The ulcers are healed. I have other side effects but both these drugs cause similar symptoms it's impossible to tell which is causing certain side effects. Starting today, I am going off the Zetia. Losartan helps lower cholesterol AND lowers blood pressure so I am taking it alone for a month to see if the side effects are reduced by cutting out the Zetia.
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could not bathe myself, drive, my speech was broken, I could not add two plus two. I was not the woman I was before Gemzar treatment.Now I am unable to work, I am unable to live on my own, I must always be in the company of another person. I have lost my home and car and job due to this condition. I am currently in speech therapy and soon will start occupational therapy (which is VERY costly) This month marks the one year anniversary of this condition for me. I am making progress. I am able to bathe myself, I can do a little cooking, (although the first time I tried I caught the kitchen on fire a little), I am still living with my Mother , as she is my care taker, my nurse, my driver, my chef, my house cleaner. I currently receive disability. My student loans have gone into default. I could go on but I am depressing myself. I am, followed by my Oncologist every two months now.I want to share this information to anyone and everyone who can benefit from this information.
Thank you, Chelette Williams, BA,MBA.
- Slowing getting better from mouth ulcers
I took one Malerone pill and got bleeding mouth ulcers. Only one- then I stopped due to the issue I did not go on my safari but returned to Chicago. Ten days later it is slowly resolving with antibacterial mouth wash. Very scary- never had any issues with malerone before. Do not take any other medicines at all.
More reviews for: Ibuprofen, Mouth ulcers
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- Today is 11-15-14 and on 11-13-14 I had a mirena iud placed 6weeks postpartum. About 2hours after my mid to lower back started hurting. I tried stretching and got no relief. Is it possible that the iud is causing this pain?
- My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
More related studies for: Ibuprofen, Mouth ulcers
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.