Review: could Ibuprofen cause Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Multiple sclerosis is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Betaseron, and have Multiple sclerosis.
We study 57,979 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 260 have Multiple sclerosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Multiple sclerosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Multiple sclerosis >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 61,602 users)
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) has been reported by people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Multiple sclerosis 223,215 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 57,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 260 people (0.45%) have Multiple Sclerosis.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Multiple sclerosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Multiple sclerosis||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Multiple sclerosis||74.67%||25.33% |
Age of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Multiple sclerosis||0.00%||0.00%||1.47%||9.93%||18.01%||37.50%||26.47%||6.62% |
Severity of Multiple sclerosis when taking Ibuprofen ** :
How people recovered from Multiple sclerosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (135 people, 51.92%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (37 people, 14.23%)
- Pain (31 people, 11.92%)
- Nausea (15 people, 5.77%)
- Headache (14 people, 5.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Betaseron (96 people, 36.92%)
- Baclofen (73 people, 28.08%)
- Rebif (51 people, 19.62%)
- Folic acid (48 people, 18.46%)
- Avonex (45 people, 17.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Multiple Sclerosis
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is ibuprofen safe to use if i have retinitis pigmentosa?
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Retinitis Pigmentosa, and takes Ibuprofen)
I have bulging disc pain that I use Ibuprofen for. I can be pain free for weeks/months and take nothing. When I have a flair up I can take up to 8x200mg per day. I have heard this may affect my RP. Can you advise?
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Sinusitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, and takes Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Doxycycline, Alprazolam, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Tradjenta, Crestor)
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Is it ok to take papaya with ibuprofen
(Asked by a 46 year old woman who has Heartburn And Snot, and takes Papaya, Ibuprofen)
Just wondering if it is safe to take papaya chewables with Ibuprofen?
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
More questions for: Ibuprofen, Multiple sclerosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Ibuprofen, Multiple sclerosis
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Anal Fissure. The patient has Skin Rash (redness)
Comments: not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Pain - Back. The patient has Pain - Back
Comments: Today is 11-15-14 and on 11-13-14 I had a mirena iud placed 6weeks postpartum. About 2hours after my mid to lower back started hurting. I tried stretching and got no relief. Is it possible that the iud is causing this pain?
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Mirena for a patient with Pain - Abdomen, Birth Control. The patient has Pain, Tooth Decay
Comments: My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
More related studies for: Ibuprofen, Multiple sclerosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.