Review: could Ibuprofen cause Noises or buzzing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Noises or buzzing in the ears is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 57,979 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 335 have Noises or buzzing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Noises or buzzing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Noises or buzzing in the ears >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 61,602 users)
Noises or buzzing in the ears
Noises or buzzing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Noises or buzzing in the ears 19,879 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 57,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 335 people (0.58%) have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Noises or buzzing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||22.58%||29.03%||0.00%||6.45%||9.68%||9.68%||22.58% |
Gender of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||63.55%||36.45% |
Age of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||7.17%||6.48%||11.95%||23.55%||26.28%||24.57% |
Severity of Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||14.29%||50.00%||28.57%||7.14% |
How people recovered from Noises or buzzing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||11.11%||88.89% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (19 people, 5.67%)
- Pain (18 people, 5.37%)
- Back pain (16 people, 4.78%)
- Constipation (13 people, 3.88%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 3.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (75 people, 22.39%)
- Zometa (43 people, 12.84%)
- Vicodin (35 people, 10.45%)
- Zofran (33 people, 9.85%)
- Acetaminophen (32 people, 9.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is ibuprofen safe to use if i have retinitis pigmentosa?
(Asked by a 49 year old woman who has Retinitis Pigmentosa, and takes Ibuprofen)
I have bulging disc pain that I use Ibuprofen for. I can be pain free for weeks/months and take nothing. When I have a flair up I can take up to 8x200mg per day. I have heard this may affect my RP. Can you advise?
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- Have you taken levothyroxine and noticed a ringing in your eyes after taking the medication.
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Never had ringing before taking Levothyroxine for thyroid problem.If you have experienced the same please respond when and if you had the same.Thanks
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
More questions for: Ibuprofen, Noises or buzzing in the ears
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Still ill after several years
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Sweating, Headache, Vertigo, Restlessness, Throat - Sore, Pain - Joints, Fatigue - Chronic, Tinnitus, Chronic Sinusitis, and takes Beconase Aq)
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Ringing in ear after kenalog injection
(Posted by a 31 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Kenalog)
After receiving a Kenalog injection, my son's left ear started a low pitch ringing after three days from the injection. Also his lower lip has quivered several times as well. This condition has lasted for nine days and I am looking for other patients who have had a similar reaction from a Kenalog i ...
More reviews for: Ibuprofen, Noises or buzzing in the ears
- A study of drug interactions between Codeine, Ibuprofen, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Temazepam, Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Morphine Sulfate, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Quetiapine Fumarate, Fluoxetine, Topiramate, Ketamine Hydrochloride, Zonegran for a patient with Pain, Fatigue, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Birth Control, Neuropathic Pain, Depression. The patient has Drowsiness, Vulvovaginal Dryness, Weight Loss, Hallucinations, Mixed, Paranoia, Memory Loss, Anxiety
Comments: I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a patient with Pain - Back. The patient has Pain - Back
Comments: Today is 11-15-14 and on 11-13-14 I had a mirena iud placed 6weeks postpartum. About 2hours after my mid to lower back started hurting. I tried stretching and got no relief. Is it possible that the iud is causing this pain?
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Mirena for a patient with Pain - Abdomen, Birth Control. The patient has Pain, Tooth Decay
Comments: My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- A study of drug interactions between Albuterol, Ibuprofen, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride for a patient with Asthma, Migraines And Joint And Muscle Pain, Allergies. The patient has Aphasia
Comments: periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a patient with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
More related studies for: Ibuprofen, Noises or buzzing in the ears
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.