Review: could Ibuprofen cause Noises or buzzing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Noises or buzzing in the ears is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 58,026 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 336 have Noises or buzzing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Noises or buzzing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Noises or buzzing in the ears >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 61,653 Ibuprofen users)
Noises or buzzing in the ears
Noises or buzzing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,039 Noises or buzzing in the ears patients)
On Apr, 24, 2015: 58,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 336 people (0.58%) have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Noises or buzzing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||21.88%||28.12%||0.00%||9.38%||9.38%||9.38%||21.88% |
Gender of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||63.66%||36.34% |
Age of people who have Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||7.14%||6.46%||11.90%||23.81%||26.19%||24.49% |
Severity of Noises or buzzing in the ears when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||13.33%||53.33%||26.67%||6.67% |
How people recovered from Noises or buzzing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Noises or buzzing in the ears||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (19 people, 5.65%)
- Pain (18 people, 5.36%)
- Back pain (17 people, 5.06%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 3.87%)
- Constipation (13 people, 3.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (75 people, 22.32%)
- Zometa (43 people, 12.80%)
- Vicodin (35 people, 10.42%)
- Zofran (33 people, 9.82%)
- Acetaminophen (32 people, 9.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Noises Or Buzzing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Nexium, Midol, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Metoprolol Tartrate, Phentermine, Furosemide for a 32-year old woman with Sinusitis, Gerd, Abdominal Cramps, Potassium - Low, Hypertension, Obesity, Fluid Retention. The patient has Intussusception
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Ambien, Adderall 30, Wellbutrin Sr for a 53-year old man with Pain - Back, Insomnia, Adhd, Depression. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Celexa for a 49-year old woman with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Short-term Memory Loss, Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 48-year old woman with Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotics, Ferrous Fumarate, Multivitamin, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Effexor Xr, Maxalt-mlt, Ibuprofen, Estrogel, Progesterone, Veramyst, Singulair, Spiriva, Aspirin, Atenolol, Ranolazine for a 53-year old woman with Vaginal Yeast Infection, Restless Leg Syndrome, General Physical Health Deterioration, Sinusitis Bacterial, Depression Postmenopausal, Migraine Without Aura, Headache, Menopause, Allergic Sinusitis, Asthma Late Onset, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Non-cardiac Chest Pain. The patient has Uti - Chronic Or Recurrent, Bacterial Rhinitis, Stress Incontinence, Tingling And Numbness, Hypoglycaemia
Recent Ibuprofen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.