Review: could Ibuprofen cause Painful urination (Urination - painful)?
Summary: Painful urination is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Pain.
We study 58,026 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 285 have Painful urination. Find out below who they are, when they have Painful urination and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Painful urination >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 61,651 Ibuprofen users)
Painful urination has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, depression. (latest reports from 15,760 Painful urination patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 58,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 285 people (0.49%) have Painful Urination.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Painful urination * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Painful urination||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Painful urination when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Painful urination||47.12%||52.88% |
Age of people who have Painful urination when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Painful urination||0.00%||0.41%||1.65%||5.79%||17.36%||34.30%||16.53%||23.97% |
Severity of Painful urination when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Painful urination||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Painful urination ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Painful urination||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (47 people, 16.49%)
- Depression (41 people, 14.39%)
- Sleep disorder (38 people, 13.33%)
- Arthritis (30 people, 10.53%)
- Muscle spasms (24 people, 8.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (70 people, 24.56%)
- Percocet (66 people, 23.16%)
- Aspirin (58 people, 20.35%)
- Ativan (54 people, 18.95%)
- Ambien (54 people, 18.95%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of ibuprofen and painful urination on
Do you have Painful Urination while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Painful Urination
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Painful Urination
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Motrin Ib, Vitamins, Crestor for a 67-year old woman with Heart Attack, Arthritis, General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Periodontal Disease, Periodontal Disease
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between Baclofen, Neurontin, Ibuprofen, Lipitor, Topamax, Niacin, Paxil CR, Alendronate Sodium, Clopidogrel for a 56-year old woman with Backaches And Stress, Seizures, Complicated Migraine, Total Cholesterol, Depression, Osteoporosis, Pad. The patient has Migraine, Brittle Bone Disease, Slurred Speech, Numbness
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a 21-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Sinusitis Aspergillus
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
Recent Ibuprofen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.