Home > Ibuprofen > Petechiae > Ibuprofen and Petechiae
Review: could Ibuprofen cause Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)?
We study 57,955 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 110 have Petechiae. Find out below who they are, when they have Petechiae and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Petechiae >>>
Ibuprofen (latest outcomes from 61,569 users) has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain.
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) (latest reports from 35,182 patients) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 57,912 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 110 people (0.19%) have Petechiae.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Petechiae * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Petechiae when taking Ibuprofen * :
Age of people who have Petechiae when taking Ibuprofen * :
Severity of Petechiae when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Petechiae ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 9.09%)
- Multiple sclerosis (7 people, 6.36%)
- Influenza (7 people, 6.36%)
- Multiple sclerosis relapse (6 people, 5.45%)
- Essential hypertension (5 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (15 people, 13.64%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 9.09%)
- Ranitidine (10 people, 9.09%)
- Vicodin (9 people, 8.18%)
- Clarithromycin (9 people, 8.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Petechiae while taking Ibuprofen?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Petechiae
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Petechiae
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
Tired, stressed, pain in arms(bones) once in a while, problem in concentration, less appetite, more than usual hair on body (back of the neck, abdomen, chest and around nipples), unusal pain in head (right side) lasts a couple seconds and palpitations.
From this study (2 years ago):
I ache and I feel distant , memory fog
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Ibuprofen, Petechiae
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Petechiae after taking plant sterols
after taking plant sterols for five years i switched brands,withinn a few days i developed minute petechiae on my lower legs and especially behind my knees and inner thighs. My legs were also swelling and feeling tight.
i stopped taking the sterols and after a week the petechiae disappeared along w ...
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
More reviews for: Ibuprofen, Petechiae
On eHealthMe, Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Ibuprofen is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ibuprofen used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (23 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (39 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (25 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Acne Cosmetica
- Urination Difficulty With Flow
- Endometrial Cancer
- Respiratory Sighs