Review: could Ibuprofen cause Petechiae (Bleeding into the skin)?
Summary: Petechiae is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Acetaminophen, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 57,979 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 110 have Petechiae. Find out below who they are, when they have Petechiae and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Petechiae >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 61,602 users)
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Petechiae 6,461 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 57,979 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 110 people (0.19%) have Petechiae.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Petechiae * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Petechiae when taking Ibuprofen * :
Age of people who have Petechiae when taking Ibuprofen * :
Severity of Petechiae when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Petechiae ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (10 people, 9.09%)
- Multiple sclerosis (7 people, 6.36%)
- Influenza (7 people, 6.36%)
- Multiple sclerosis relapse (6 people, 5.45%)
- Essential hypertension (5 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Acetaminophen (15 people, 13.64%)
- Aspirin (10 people, 9.09%)
- Ranitidine (10 people, 9.09%)
- Vicodin (9 people, 8.18%)
- Clarithromycin (9 people, 8.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Petechiae while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Petechiae
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Petechiae
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is ibuprofen safe to use if i have retinitis pigmentosa?
I have bulging disc pain that I use Ibuprofen for. I can be pain free for weeks/months and take nothing. When I have a flair up I can take up to 8x200mg per day. I have heard this may affect my RP. Can you advise?
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Is it ok to take papaya with ibuprofen
Just wondering if it is safe to take papaya chewables with Ibuprofen?
- Had a bloody ejaculate twice lately. only blood. can it be related to cialis and/or ibuprofen?
last two ejaculations a week apart resulted in all blood ejaculate. Dark old looking blood, not bright red & fresh. No semen.
Gonna tell my doctor soon. What should I be concerned about. Could it be ralated to ibuprofen or cialis usage?
i dont have any known predisposing conditions.
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem (2 answers)
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I drink whiskey I don't urinate much in evening but have to get up 3 or 4 times during the night to urinate.amlodipine,ramipril,atenolol are for blood pressure.
rosuvastatin for cholesterol,methocarbonal for sore back,pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen are for sinus headaches caused from smoking cigarettes.
so anybody out there think dexilant might be causing my urinating during the night problem ?
plus when I do go during the night I don't seem to completely empty my bladder!
any ideas ?
More questions for: Ibuprofen, Petechiae
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Petechiae after taking plant sterols
after taking plant sterols for five years i switched brands,withinn a few days i developed minute petechiae on my lower legs and especially behind my knees and inner thighs. My legs were also swelling and feeling tight.
i stopped taking the sterols and after a week the petechiae disappeared along with the swelling.
i tried taking the proactive spread and immediately the same condition appeared. I stopped the proactive spread. i have since tried red yeast rice and have had no such reaction.
My HDL is high my LDL are moderate, my triglycerides are low. However, i still have a high total cholesterol 7.6
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a severe reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could not bathe myself, drive, my speech was broken, I could not add two plus two. I was not the woman I was before Gemzar treatment.Now I am unable to work, I am unable to live on my own, I must always be in the company of another person. I have lost my home and car and job due to this condition. I am currently in speech therapy and soon will start occupational therapy (which is VERY costly) This month marks the one year anniversary of this condition for me. I am making progress. I am able to bathe myself, I can do a little cooking, (although the first time I tried I caught the kitchen on fire a little), I am still living with my Mother , as she is my care taker, my nurse, my driver, my chef, my house cleaner. I currently receive disability. My student loans have gone into default. I could go on but I am depressing myself. I am, followed by my Oncologist every two months now.I want to share this information to anyone and everyone who can benefit from this information.
Thank you, Chelette Williams, BA,MBA.
More reviews for: Ibuprofen, Petechiae
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- not itchy. appears on stomach, sides, back, chest & hips. noticed after a painful bowel movement due to anal fissure. also ate random selection of food at buffer a couple hours prior. very light red. ability to "write on skin" (noticed when itching occured). not sure if itching was due to anxiety of ...
- I have OCD but after I started Zonegram 50mg bd 3 days ago, I have noticed my anxiety getting increasingly worse and I had a severe panic attack yesterday. The Zonegram has also decreased the severe paranoia I feel with the ketamine but it has introduced some memory loss. Otherwise I feel the best I ...
- Today is 11-15-14 and on 11-13-14 I had a mirena iud placed 6weeks postpartum. About 2hours after my mid to lower back started hurting. I tried stretching and got no relief. Is it possible that the iud is causing this pain?
- My teeth have been decaying about 3 years after the insertion of mirena. At first, I thought that it was because I did not take calcium after I gave birth to my last child in 2003. But as the years passed by the only conclusion I find for the reason of my tooth decay is Mirena. Because I don't smoke ...
- periodic/intermittent episodes of nominal aphasia. inability to recall names and words often used. sense of knowing the words but unable to retrieve them. episodes occur at random and vary in severity. no immediately obvious reasons nor any recent head traumas. rarely occurring moments where words d ...
More related studies for: Ibuprofen, Petechiae
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.