Ibuprofen and Petechiae - from FDA reports
Petechiae is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lioresal, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Petechiae with Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,006 people who have side effects when taking Ibuprofen from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
102,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen.
Among them, 155 people (0.15%) have Petechiae
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Petechiae *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Petechiae when taking Ibuprofen *:
- female: 52.74 %
- male: 47.26 %
Age of people who have Petechiae when taking Ibuprofen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 2.84 %
- 10-19: 8.51 %
- 20-29: 7.8 %
- 30-39: 13.48 %
- 40-49: 26.24 %
- 50-59: 14.89 %
- 60+: 26.24 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (26 people, 16.77%)
- Depression (26 people, 16.77%)
- Insomnia (23 people, 14.84%)
- Muscle Spasticity (21 people, 13.55%)
- Analgesic Therapy (21 people, 13.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Paracetamol (21 people, 13.55%)
- Lioresal (21 people, 13.55%)
- Zopiclone (20 people, 12.90%)
- Sertraline (18 people, 11.61%)
- Amlodipine (18 people, 11.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Thrombocytopenia (50 people, 32.26%)
- Pain In Extremity (33 people, 21.29%)
- Fatigue (31 people, 20.00%)
- Depression (31 people, 20.00%)
- Stress And Anxiety (28 people, 18.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Petechiae when taking Ibuprofen?
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 103,696 users)
Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, atrial fibrillation/flutter, depression (latest reports from 8,600 Petechiae patients).