Review: could Ibuprofen cause Plantar fasciitis?
Summary: Plantar fasciitis is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Nausea.
We study 58,026 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Plantar fasciitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Plantar fasciitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Plantar fasciitis >>>
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 61,653 Ibuprofen users)
Plantar fasciitis (painful inflammatory process of the plantar fascia) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, depression. (latest reports from 1,895 Plantar fasciitis patients)
On Apr, 24, 2015: 58,026 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 65 people (0.11%) have Plantar Fasciitis.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Plantar fasciitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Plantar fasciitis||64.91%||35.09% |
Age of people who have Plantar fasciitis when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.00%||2.17%||15.22%||10.87%||23.91%||15.22%||32.61% |
Severity of Plantar fasciitis when taking Ibuprofen ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Plantar fasciitis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Plantar fasciitis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Nausea (10 people, 15.38%)
- Muscle spasms (10 people, 15.38%)
- Sleep disorder (9 people, 13.85%)
- Hypercalcaemia (9 people, 13.85%)
- Depression (9 people, 13.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (29 people, 44.62%)
- Coumadin (24 people, 36.92%)
- Zolpidem (21 people, 32.31%)
- Neurontin (21 people, 32.31%)
- Chlorhexidine gluconate (20 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Ibuprofen and plantar fasciitis on
Do you have Plantar Fasciitis while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Plantar Fasciitis
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
- support group for people who have Plantar Fasciitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ibuprofen for a 21-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Sinusitis Aspergillus
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Zopiclone, Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Bisacodyl, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Morphine, Morphine Sulfate for a 42-year old woman with Ulcer - Stomach, Insomnia, Fibromyalgia, Constipation, Depression, Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Confusion, Blurred Vision, Constipation, Toothaches, Tooth Decay, Depression, Dizziness Exertional, Muscular Weakness, Itching, Eczema Exacerbated, Neck Pain, Headache, Tooth Loss, Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Fatigue - Chronic, Weight Gain, Food Hoarding, Food Craving, Abdominal Bloating, Ocular Migraine, Stomach Pain, Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Motrin for a 55-year old man with Stomach Pain. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Motrin Ib, Flexeril, Doxycycline, Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Zoloft for a 36-year old woman with Sciatica, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety. The patient has Fatigue, Recurring Skin Boils
Recent Ibuprofen related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.