Home > Ibuprofen > Thin blood > Ibuprofen and Thin blood
Review: could Ibuprofen cause Thin blood (Thrombocytopenia )?
We study 57,955 people who have side effects while taking Ibuprofen from FDA and social media. Among them, 431 have Thin blood. Find out below who they are, when they have Thin blood and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Thin blood >>>
Ibuprofen (latest outcomes from 61,569 users) has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain.
Thin blood (latest reports from 236,999 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura.
On Nov, 1, 2014: 57,955 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen. Among them, 431 people (0.74%) have Thin Blood.
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Thin blood * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Thin blood||76.47%||17.65%||0.00%||5.88%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Thin blood when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Thin blood||44.44%||55.56% |
Age of people who have Thin blood when taking Ibuprofen * :
|Thin blood||0.23%||1.86%||6.99%||16.78%||8.16%||13.29%||23.31%||29.37% |
Severity of Thin blood when taking Ibuprofen ** :
How people recovered from Thin blood ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (39 people, 9.05%)
- Pyrexia (26 people, 6.03%)
- Hepatitis c (26 people, 6.03%)
- Multiple myeloma (24 people, 5.57%)
- Schizophrenia (21 people, 4.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (78 people, 18.10%)
- Acetaminophen (60 people, 13.92%)
- Prednisone (47 people, 10.90%)
- Ativan (41 people, 9.51%)
- Zometa (34 people, 7.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thin Blood while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Thin Blood
- support group for people who take Ibuprofen
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it safe to take effexor and ibuprophen?
Have sinus infection which I'm taking doxycycline and ibuprophen for headache. I also take Venlafaxine for GAD. Is it okay to take Advil or acetaminophen while taking venlafaxine, not at the same time??
- Is it ok to take papaya with ibuprofen
Just wondering if it is safe to take papaya chewables with Ibuprofen?
- Had a bloody ejaculate twice lately. only blood. can it be related to cialis and/or ibuprofen?
last two ejaculations a week apart resulted in all blood ejaculate. Dark old looking blood, not bright red & fresh. No semen.
Gonna tell my doctor soon. What should I be concerned about. Could it be ralated to ibuprofen or cialis usage?
i dont have any known predisposing conditions.
- Wondering if dexilant is causing my problem
have had my prostate checked by urologist and prostate is slightly enlarged but not enough to cause problems.urinary track ok,bladder ok etc.
drank a liter of water and bladder emptied ok in test.
seem to urinate good after consuming coffee or beer but lately having more whiskey than beer.
when I ...
- Can i take ibuprofen when i'm on the medicine miralax to treat my massive head ache?
I was recently told by a doctor that I was constipated and that I should take Miralax. I personally don't think I'm constipated. My lower abdomen hurts and so does my head. Every single time I sneeze or cough it hurts really bad! I want to know if I can take some ibuprofen to treat the pain. But I d ...
- Interaction between cialis and ibuprofen
Takin ibuprofen to reduce headache and mialgias by cialis produced gastritis
- Would symptoms be very obvious if i had a lung infection caused by inhaling mold
Ok, I do not use Motrin but I had to put something in the slot, so I fear that I might of inhaled mold... I have a bong that has ha unchanged water for awhile and I used it over the 420 weekend quite often..... The Tuesday after I emptied the bong to discover little white bumps around the base where ...
- Can you take ibuprofen for arthritis condition, i have multiple myeloma, i have had stem cell treatment and was clear for 5 years , paraproteins were raised but another stem cell treatment not viable
My consultant has told me Im not to use Ibuprofen as it may alter my blood results. I suffer with pain in my wrists, thighs, lower back. I just dont know who to turn to with this as the pain is 24hrs a day and I dont know what advice is the best!
- Does acetazolamide help with intra nasal ketamine controlling your pain longer?
Thinking of having Ketamine infusion to reboot my Central Nervous System. I have been taking it in liquid form & nasally for the last year. Some relief but doesn't last! If I don't have RSD can it do me more harm than good??? Thank you for helping end the pain, I hope.
- Can predinsone cause kidney failure
i have Pemthigud and am being treated with Prednisone 60mg daily and ibprophen for pain. I could not urinate and now have a permanent catheter, all my teeth have been pulled, my feet are swollen and I am not geting better.
More questions for: Ibuprofen, Thin blood
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Understanding and living with cancer
After having one treatment of Gemzar, I had a sever reaction, which caused me to have many seizures. This caused me to developed PRES, which in turn has caused me to have brain damage.When I came out of my induced coma I did not know where I was, nor did I know who my family members were. I could no ...
More reviews for: Ibuprofen, Thin blood
On eHealthMe, Ibuprofen (ibuprofen) is often used for pain. Find out below the conditions Ibuprofen is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Ibuprofen used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Ibuprofen, Thin blood
Recent Ibuprofen related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Paracetamol for a 41-year old man who has Diarrhoea
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Enbrel for a 50-year old woman who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Demerol for a 49-year old woman who has Headache - Cluster
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Oxycodone for a 50-year old woman who has Knee Joint Replacement
- Comparions of Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Advil, Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 76-year old woman who has Depression And Pain
- Comparions of Paracetamol, Ibuprofen for a 30-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Tylenol, Ibuprofen for a 72-year old man who has Tension Headache
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Prednisolone for a 75-year old woman who has Eye Infection
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Aleve for a 29-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised
- Comparions of Advil, Kenalog for a 58-year old woman who has Neck Pain
More related comparison studies for: Ibuprofen, Thin blood
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
- Compare Ambien Cr and Adderall Xr 20 and Effexor Xr for a 33-year old woman (2 hours ago)
- Doxycycline for a 25-year old man who has Acne-like Skin Bumps (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
- Solu-medrol and Als
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (6 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (9 hours ago)
- Ortho Novum 7/14 21
- Duodenal Ulcer Haemorrhage
- Clear Eye
- Iga Nephropathy Bergers Disease
- Vaginal Burning Sensation