Review: could Imitrex cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Imitrex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Coumadin, and have Arthritis.
We study 5,195 people who have side effects while taking Imitrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Imitrex and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Imitrex has active ingredients of sumatriptan succinate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from 5,993 Imitrex users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,299 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Apr, 20, 2015: 5,195 people reported to have side effects when taking Imitrex. Among them, 20 people (0.38%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Imitrex when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Imitrex * :
|Atrial fibrillation||83.33%||16.67% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Imitrex * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||17.39%||47.83%||30.43% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Imitrex ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (7 people, 35.00%)
- Metastases to bone (7 people, 35.00%)
- Depression (7 people, 35.00%)
- Heart rate irregular (6 people, 30.00%)
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Coumadin (20 people, 100.00%)
- Nexium (14 people, 70.00%)
- Aspirin (13 people, 65.00%)
- Furosemide (13 people, 65.00%)
- Digoxin (12 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of imitrex and atrial fibrillation on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Imitrex?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Imitrex and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Imitrex
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Amlodipine, Tramadol for a 48-year old woman with Migraine, Migrane Control, Stomachache, Hypertension, Pelvic Organ Injury. The patient has Severe Hypertension Despite Being Medicated, Fatigue - Chronic, Back Stiffness, Painful Feet Around Achilles And Legs - Unable To Relieve With Drugs
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of drug interactions between Tylenol, Excedrin, Sumatriptan, Lamictal, Depakote Er, Lexapro for a 62-year old woman with Frequent Headaches, Migraine - Classic, Seizure Disorder, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood. The patient has Horner Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Elavil, Clonidine, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Norflex, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax, Lyrica for a 28-year old woman with Migraine, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Back Pain, Insomnia, Headache, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Migraine With Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Celexa, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Beyaz for a 30-year old woman with Migraine, Anxiety, Birth Control. The patient has Severe Migraines, Constant Feeling Of Motion
Recent Imitrex related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Relpax, Maxalt, Sumatriptan, Zomig for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Sumatriptan, Phenytoin for a 34-year old man who has Myotonia
- Comparions of Lipitor, Ambien, Imitrex, Keppra Xr for a 45-year old woman who has Seizure - Grand Mal
- Comparions of Naproxen, Sumatriptan, Phentermine for a 23-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.