Home > Imitrex > Drug addiction > Imitrex and Drug addiction
Review: could Imitrex cause Drug addiction (Drug abuse and dependence)?
We study 5,176 people who have side effects while taking Imitrex from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Drug addiction. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug addiction and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Imitrex and have Drug addiction >>>
Imitrex (latest outcomes from 5,972 users) has active ingredients of sumatriptan succinate. It is often used in migraine.
Drug addiction (latest reports from 79,656 patients) has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, migraine.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 5,176 people reported to have side effects when taking Imitrex. Among them, 25 people (0.48%) have Drug Addiction.
Time on Imitrex when people have Drug addiction * :
Gender of people who have Drug addiction when taking Imitrex * :
|Drug addiction||87.50%||12.50% |
Age of people who have Drug addiction when taking Imitrex * :
|Drug addiction||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||60.87%||21.74%||13.04%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (14 people, 56.00%)
- Headache (13 people, 52.00%)
- Sleep disorder (13 people, 52.00%)
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 48.00%)
- Pain (4 people, 16.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (18 people, 72.00%)
- Soma (17 people, 68.00%)
- Lexapro (17 people, 68.00%)
- Topamax (16 people, 64.00%)
- Seroquel (15 people, 60.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Addiction while taking Imitrex?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Imitrex and have Drug Addiction
- support group for people who take Imitrex
- support group for people who have Drug Addiction
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- How long after stopping crestor did the vertigo stop?
Took Crestor (5 mg every other day as a beginning dose) for two months when symptoms began. Doctor thought it was an inner ear infection and sent me to an ENT doc. He ordered a brain scan which was OK. Vertigo was never mentioned by any of my doctors as a potential cause of the vertigo and other sym ...
- Reoccurring ovarian remnants? is there another answer?
Besides depot Lupron, has anyone has relief from recurring cysts and endometriosis from ovarian remnant syndrome? I have had 7 surgeries trying to remove these elusive remnants. Needless to say I am not excited to do more surgery and no doctor wants to either. In the past depot Lupron has had more s ...
- How often is parkinson's disease confused with chronic lyme diseasse?
Back in the early 1950s I had the joy and privilege of spending a couple of summers on Cape Cod. As a kid, a lot of that time was spent playing in the grove of poplar trees and bramble behind the house. I clearly remember numerous buried tics, some of which resulted in a circular ring around the t ...
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood ...
- Can nortriptyline help with suboxone withdrawal
My Dr just prescribed me nortriptyline for stress induced migraines, nausea, vomiting, and stomach pains. She knows about all my meds but the suboxone I'm not prescribed them I get them from a friend. I've been on the suboxone for about 5 years now and can't handle the withdrawals but I've gone from ...
- I have been diagnosed with narcolepsy w/cataplexy, lupus, and fiberomyalgia. i am taking plaquenil, xyrem, and nuvigil for my illnesses. i am concern with my type of treatment because its not working?
I have been diagnosed with Narcolepsy w/Cataplexy, Lupus, and Fiberomyalgia. I am taking Plaquenil, Xyrem, and Nuvigil for my illnesses. I am concern with my type of treatment I am currently on, I am not feeling energized, lack of intimacy, asthenia, get exhausted quickly, and allergic to the sun he ...
- Can migraines cause anger outbursts?
past few times I've gotten migraines, I've gotten extremely angry and can't control my temper.
- Can imitrex cause gi symptoms
Just released from hospital after having a cluster headache, small bowel obstruction, memory loss, and anxiety. Tests ruled out a stroke, but almost had surgery pending outcome of gastrografin/small bowel follow-through, which opened small bowel after nine hour's transit time. Ongoing mental confu ...
- Can topamax make you test positive for alcohol when you havent been drinking?
i am in placement and have been out of my home for the past year and a half, and i have recentlty started going to a public school. since i have been out of my home i have never once failed a drug screen, but now that i am two weeks from going home it is said that i have tested positive for alcohol ...
- Anyone experienced tonic colonic seizure due to severe low back pain (facet & si joint). neurologists have diagnosed me w/pseudo-seizures, but the seizures began after si joint surgery
Has anyone experienced pain related tonic clinic seizures following surgery? I have seizures that last 1-2 minutes and have fallen several times causing minor injuries to my face and body.
More questions for: Imitrex, Drug addiction
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Eczema and birth control-microgestin
I started getting eczema over the last year and recently decided it may be from the birth control as well, which I started taking @ 2 months before I got the eczema and skin started breaking out...weight gain, etc. I am on singulair, westcort cream, moisture/kenalog, exederm cream, cerevue wash, cet ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Imitrex, Drug addiction
On eHealthMe, Imitrex (sumatriptan succinate) is often used for migraine. Find out below the conditions Imitrex is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Imitrex used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Imitrex, Drug addiction
Recent Imitrex related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Relpax, Maxalt, Sumatriptan, Zomig for a 36-year old woman who has Migraine
- Comparions of Nicotine, Nadolol, Concerta, Imitrex, Topamax for a 20-year old man who has Migraine With Aura
- Comparions of Sumatriptan, Phenytoin for a 34-year old man who has Myotonia
- Comparions of Lipitor, Ambien, Imitrex, Keppra Xr for a 45-year old woman who has Seizure - Grand Mal
- Comparions of Naproxen, Sumatriptan, Phentermine for a 23-year old woman who has Mood Disorder
- Comparions of Pravastatin Sodium, Sumatriptan for a 44-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Rizatriptan Benzoate, Sumatriptan Succinate for a 28-year old man who has Migraine
- Comparions of Voltaren, Elavil, Topamax, Imitrex, Fioricet for a 31-year old woman who has Anxiety Disorder
- Comparions of Imitrex, Lexapro for a 59-year old woman who has Stress And Anxiety
- Comparions of Amerge, Imitrex, Relpax for a 43-year old woman who has Migraine
More related comparison studies for: Imitrex, Drug addiction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (33 minutes ago)
- Vitamin D for a 26-year old woman who has Vitamin D Deficiency (36 minutes ago)
- Alprazolam for a 45-year old woman who has Initial Insomnia (51 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Atorvastatin Calcium
- Vitamin B12
- Bone And Joint Pain
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (3 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (3 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (3 hours ago)
- Hair Loss
- Palmar Plantar Erythrodysaesthesia Syndrome
- Valley Fever