Review: could Imodium a-d cause Edema (Swelling)?
Summary: Edema is reported only by a few people who take Imodium a-d.
We study 1,383 people who have side effects while taking Imodium a-d from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Edema. Find out below who they are, when they have Edema and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Imodium a-d and have Edema >>>
Imodium a-d has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Imodium a-d 1,471 users)
Edema (excess of watery fluid collecting in the cavities or tissues of the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, metastases to bone.(latest reports from Edema 21,478 patients)
On Nov, 30, 2014: 1,383 people reported to have side effects when taking Imodium a-d. Among them, 1 people (0.07%) has Edema.
Time on Imodium a-d when people have Edema * :
Gender of people who have Edema when taking Imodium a-d * :
Age of people who have Edema when taking Imodium a-d * :
Severity of Edema when taking Imodium a-d ** :
How people recovered from Edema ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood triglycerides increased (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (1 people, 100.00%)
- Albuterol (1 people, 100.00%)
- Diazepam (1 people, 100.00%)
- Zantac (1 people, 100.00%)
- Synthroid (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Edema while taking Imodium A-d?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Imodium a-d and have Edema
- support group for people who take Imodium a-d
- support group for people who have Edema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I am taking prednislone for polymyalgia rhuematica and symbicourt and ventolin for copd are there any known reactions for taking these medications (1 answer)
(Asked by a 72 year old woman who has Polymyalgia Rhuematica, COPD, and takes Symbicort, Prednisolone, Loperamide Hydrochloride)
since taking these 3 drugs,I am getting cramp in my fingers and also my legs, are these all side effects, sometimes I feel a little dizzy
- Have you heard of people taking large amounts of imodium to get "opiod" feeling and death due to amount taken? (3 answers)
(Asked by a 21 year old man who has Death Of Child, and takes Imodium)
My 21 year old son passed away unexpectedly due to large amount of Imodium taken. As I have found out he had been taking this OTC medication to get the same feeling as pain medication(opioids). This medication showed up in his toxicology report. Can anyone help me understand how this could cause dea ...
- Can being hiv positive and diabetic cause false postive drug screens for amphetamines and thc? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Hiv Antibody Positive, and takes Isentress, Truvada, Januvia, Glucotrol, Oxycodone, Fentanyl-25, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Ondansetron, Tylenol, Chlor-trimeton, Omeprazole Magnesium, Lonox, Imodium A-d)
I am constantly throwing positive drug tests for Marijuana and Amphetamines. My pain management doctor is the only one that has told me of this. I am wondering if my medical conditions or medications could cause false positives. I have not done either of those drugs since I was 20 and I will be 50 t ...
- What does a methotrexate rash look like? a cytarabine rash? if either of these chemos is responsible for my rash, what does it indicate about appropriate therapies going forward?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Lymphoma - Non-Hodgkin's, Celiac Disease - Sprue, Osteoporosis, Rosacea, and takes Acyclovir, Septra, Ciprofloxacin, Probiotic, Multivitamin, Benadryl, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Loperamide Hydrochloride)
Treated for Stage 1 Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma in 2009 and had only 4 courses of Chemo vs the usual 6 due to a rash that showed up on Day 14 of the 4th cycle. At end of treatment and 1 year following PET scan was negative.
Diagnosed in April 2013 with Burkitt Lymphoma. Negative for HIV-AIDS, ...
- What are the side effects when we used both finasteride and loperamide hydrocloride
(Asked by a 26 year old man who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Male Pattern Baldness, and takes Finasteride, Loperamide Hydrochloride)
hi sir iam taking finasteride 1mg daily one tablet in nite and loperamide hydrocloride daily one tablet in morning.what are side will occure wil take both for three months periode.
More questions for: Imodium a-d, Edema
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Itching, Swelling, Inflammation Localised, Bone Pain Or Tenderness, Poison Ivy - Oak - Sumac Rash, and takes Neem Oil, Rhus Tox, Acetaminophen, Aleve)
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
More reviews for: Imodium a-d, Edema
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Calcium, Loperamide Hydrochloride, Co-codamol, Aspirin, Tramadol, Prednisolone for a patient with Muscle Injury, Osteopenia, Diarrhea, Urologic Disorders, Pain, Arthritis, Inflammatory Pain. The patient has Urinary Retention, Degenerative Joint Disease, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Joint Instability, Dry Eyes
Comments: Was on sulfasalazine but made me unwell...changed to methotrexate but stopped because of blood results. Have raised blood sugar from steroids.
Frequent urinary tract infections and self catheterisation. Retinal haemorrhage ( blots and dots) just discovered by optician with severe dry eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ranitidine, Omeprazole, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Losartan Potassium, Co-codamol for a patient with Coeliac Diarrohea, Not Sure, Don't Know, High Blood Pressure, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis. The patient has Stomach Pain
Comments: I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Myeloma - Multiple. The patient has Swelling
Comments: hx multiple myeloma x 3 years. Developed elevated AST/ALT liver enxymes due to chemo a year ago.
Have been treated with prednisone/dexamethasone for year. Recently put on imuran with positive results.
No chemo in the past year.
Right elbow painful and significant swelling off and on x 2 months.
- A study of side effects of Risperdal for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Swelling
Comments: My stomach has been swollen for over 10 years, also constant dry mouth, very thirsty causing fluid overload. This lead to dangerously low sodium. Causing fatigue, weekness, and countless visits to E.R. from halusinations, to passing out on the way to the bathroom, with blood pressure of 36 over 2 ...
- A study of drug interactions between Norco, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro for a patient with Pain, Eating Disorder - Bulimia, Depression. The patient has Elevated Mood, Sapho Syndrome, Electrolyte Imbalance, Stomach Pain, Indigestion, Burning Feeling When Swallowing, Throat Tightness, Chest Wall Pain, Insomnia, Vision Problems, Blood Insulin, Pain - Joints, Muscle Aches, White Blood Cell Count Decreased, Iron Deficiency Anemia, Proteinuria Present, Urine Albumin/creatinine Ratio Increased, Low Back Pain, Breath Odor, Dizziness, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Muscle Oedema, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Edema
Comments: symptoms started slowly about a year ago and have progressively gotten worse everyday. doctor has stated this could be the problem and suggests I ween off Lexapro. my electrolytes are consistently off and constant anemia despite taking iron 3 times a day. my hormone for ADH is very elevated. suggest ...
More related studies for: Imodium a-d, Edema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.