Review: could Imodium cause Loose stools?
Summary: Loose stools is found among people who take Imodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pulmonary hypertension.
We study 9,696 people who have side effects while taking Imodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Loose stools. Find out below who they are, when they have Loose stools and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Imodium and have Loose stools >>>
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from 10,175 Imodium users)
Loose stools has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 2,346 Loose stools patients)
On Feb, 23, 2015: 9,695 people reported to have side effects when taking Imodium. Among them, 14 people (0.14%) have Loose Stools.
Time on Imodium when people have Loose stools * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loose stools||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loose stools when taking Imodium * :
|Loose stools||81.25%||18.75% |
Age of people who have Loose stools when taking Imodium * :
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.25%||12.50%||12.50%||6.25%||62.50% |
Severity of Loose stools when taking Imodium ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loose stools ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loose stools||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pulmonary hypertension (3 people, 21.43%)
- Growth hormone deficiency (2 people, 14.29%)
- Aches - leg (1 people, 7.14%)
- Loose stools (1 people, 7.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (5 people, 35.71%)
- Ambien (4 people, 28.57%)
- Tylenol (4 people, 28.57%)
- Digoxin (4 people, 28.57%)
- Prevacid (4 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loose Stools while taking Imodium?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Imodium and have Loose Stools
- support group for people who take Imodium
- support group for people who have Loose Stools
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lasix for a 57-year old man with Congestive Heart Failure. The patient has Loose Stools
- A study of side effects of Imodium for a 62-year old woman with Bowel Obstruction.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Flomax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydrodiuril, Finasteride, Imodium for a 75-year old man with Hypercholesterolaemia, Hypertension - Essential, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Anxiety, Fluid Retention, Diarrhea. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Ventolin, Co-codamol for a 36-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Asthma, Sciatica. The patient has Abdominal Tenderness, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Glimepiride, Metformin for a 53-year old man with Prostate Examination Abnormal, Diabetes. The patient has Loose Stools, Pain - Back, Abdominal Pain Lower
Recent Imodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Acetazolamide, Dimenhydrinate, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 27-year old man who has Altitude Sickness
- Comparions of Imodium, Lomotil for a 93-year old woman who has Diarrhea,immediately, After Mostly Dinner,I, ,
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Benzphetamine Hydrochloride, Belviq, Phentermine for a 45-year old woman who has Weight Loss
- Comparions of Loperamide Hydrochloride, Lialda for a 31-year old man who has Crohn's Disease
- Comparions of Imodium, Lamotrigine for a 48-year old woman who has Seizures
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.