Imodium and Narcotic abuse - from FDA reports
Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Imodium, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old also take medication Fluoxetine, and have Euphoric mood. This review analyzes which people have Narcotic abuse with Imodium. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,757 people who have side effects when taking Imodium from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
18,757 people reported to have side effects when taking Imodium.
Among them, 57 people (0.3%) have Narcotic abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Imodium *:
- female: 57.14 %
- male: 42.86 %
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Imodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 16.22 %
- 20-29: 21.62 %
- 30-39: 32.43 %
- 40-49: 5.41 %
- 50-59: 10.81 %
- 60+: 13.51 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Euphoric Mood (6 people, 10.53%)
- Drug Dependence (4 people, 7.02%)
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (4 people, 7.02%)
- Pain (3 people, 5.26%)
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (3 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fluoxetine (5 people, 8.77%)
- Compazine (4 people, 7.02%)
- Cannabis (4 people, 7.02%)
- Sertraline (3 people, 5.26%)
- Norco (3 people, 5.26%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (56 people, 98.25%)
- Intentional Overdose (8 people, 14.04%)
- Arrhythmias (8 people, 14.04%)
- Accidental Overdose (therapeutic Agent) (7 people, 12.28%)
- Drug Dependence (6 people, 10.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Narcotic abuse when taking Imodium?
- Check symptoms - is narcotic abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNarcotic abuse and drugs with ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNarcotic abuse and Imodium from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from Imodium 19,425 users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, drug dependence, depression, pain (latest reports from 35,501 Narcotic abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Imodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Narcotic abuseNarcotic abuse
Could your condition cause Narcotic abuseNarcotic abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Is there a specific reason why or how someone would become addicted to cocaine following a diagnosis of fibromyalgia? Especially odd since this abuser recognized a problem with alcohol, joined AA, yet continued with an intense cocaine addiction.
Hello folks, I have take taken 4 lopermide tablets in a day to stop diarrhoea. After three days, I have got urinary retention and doctors used catheter to empty my bladder. How long it will take for my bladder to operate as usual? Is there any data on time to recover ? Thanks.
Is anyone else here a longtime opiate addict who is now abusing large doses of Loperamide / immodium to avoid withdrawals? Ive completely lost control- am taking so much im having noticeable side effects- am seeking anyone else in similar situation.
User reviews to the study
Hi everyone! So glad to have found this site! I am a mother of two (three actually but lost a 2 year old daughter due to AVM 3 years ago) and joining the support group with her condition before lead me to come out of my depression after losing her. I am looking forward to meet you all here in ...