Review: could Imodium cause Urinary tract infection?
Summary: Urinary tract infection is found among people who take Imodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 9,696 people who have side effects while taking Imodium from FDA and social media. Among them, 247 have Urinary tract infection. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary tract infection and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Imodium and have Urinary tract infection >>>
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. (latest outcomes from 10,175 Imodium users)
Urinary tract infection
Urinary tract infection has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 73,291 Urinary tract infection patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 9,696 people reported to have side effects when taking Imodium. Among them, 278 people (2.87%) have Urinary Tract Infection.
Time on Imodium when people have Urinary tract infection * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary tract infection||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||11.11%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Imodium * :
|Urinary tract infection||83.86%||16.14% |
Age of people who have Urinary tract infection when taking Imodium * :
|Urinary tract infection||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.31%||3.06%||11.79%||15.72%||68.12% |
Severity of Urinary tract infection when taking Imodium ** :
How people recovered from Urinary tract infection ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (38 people, 13.67%)
- Diarrhoea (37 people, 13.31%)
- Nausea (35 people, 12.59%)
- Multiple myeloma (27 people, 9.71%)
- Hypertension (26 people, 9.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (85 people, 30.58%)
- Pepcid (62 people, 22.30%)
- Zofran (60 people, 21.58%)
- Prilosec (59 people, 21.22%)
- Zometa (58 people, 20.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of imodium and urinary tract infection on
Do you have Urinary Tract Infection while taking Imodium?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Imodium and have Urinary Tract Infection
- support group for people who take Imodium
- support group for people who have Urinary Tract Infection
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Loperamide Hydrochloride, Warfarin Sodium, Sotalol Hydrochloride for a 72-year old man with Diarrhoea, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Diarrhoea
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, HCTZ, Nexium for a 59-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Joint Pain, Uti
- A study of side effects of Imodium for a 62-year old woman with Bowel Obstruction.
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a 60-year old woman with Breast Cancer In Situ. The patient has Thrush, Cystitis
Recent Imodium related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Carbidopa And Levodopa, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 82-year old man who has Parkinson's Disease And Diarrhea
- Comparions of Chloroquine Phosphate, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 45-year old woman who has Undefined
- Comparions of Acetazolamide, Dimenhydrinate, Loperamide Hydrochloride for a 27-year old man who has Altitude Sickness
- Comparions of Imodium, Lomotil for a 93-year old woman who has Diarrhea,immediately, After Mostly Dinner,I, ,
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Benzphetamine Hydrochloride, Belviq, Phentermine for a 45-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.