Home > Implanon > Breast cancer > Implanon and Breast cancer
Review: could Implanon cause Breast cancer?
Summary: Breast cancer is found among people who take Implanon, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Gleevec, and have Contraception.
We study 2,953 people who have side effects while taking Implanon from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Breast cancer. Find out below who they are, when they have Breast cancer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Implanon and have Breast cancer >>>
Implanon (latest outcomes from 3,175 users) has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Breast cancer (latest reports from 198,128 patients) has been reported by people with hormone replacement therapy, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 2,949 people reported to have side effects when taking Implanon. Among them, 25 people (0.85%) have Breast Cancer.
Time on Implanon when people have Breast cancer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Breast cancer||0.00%||14.29%||7.14%||14.29%||57.14%||7.14%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Breast cancer when taking Implanon * :
|Breast cancer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.88%||29.41%||52.94%||11.76%||0.00% |
Severity of Breast cancer when taking Implanon ** :
How people recovered from Breast cancer ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (17 people, 68.00%)
- Chronic myeloid leukaemia (1 people, 4.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Gleevec (2 people, 8.00%)
- Tramadol hcl (1 people, 4.00%)
- Triphasil-21 (1 people, 4.00%)
- Lumigan (1 people, 4.00%)
- Ludeal (1 people, 4.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Breast Cancer while taking Implanon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Implanon and have Breast Cancer
- support group for people who take Implanon
- support group for people who have Breast Cancer
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I'm devastated,,i had implanon on the 1st of september and on the 30th august i had unprotected sexual intercourse,and i haven't been on my period since then am i pregnant?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Missed Periods, Breast Tenderness,Dark Nipples,missed Period, and takes Implanon)
Please help I'm stressed!!!And I'm writing my final Examination I really need to know if I'm pregnant or not,I did two home test the first one came out with 1dark line and 1faint line and the other one postive.
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Nexplanon)
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
- I've been living with psoriasis for 8 years and this year i've implanted birth control(implanon). will that cause psoriasis to be severe?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Psoriasis , and takes Implanon)
I'm having psoriasis on the arms mostly,head,legs,back,it started looking like mosquito bites and will change and have dry pealed skin,itchy but lately it wasn't itching,but now it has turne to big roundy dry pealed skin,I can't wear anything cause I have to hide it to avoid questions
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Breast Cyst, 3 Lumps The Size Of Marbles In Left Breast, and takes Implanon)
I got the birth control implanon inserted into my left arm in October of 2010. I wa going to get it taken out in the end of this past December but my planned parenthood physician said if I didn't want to it was fine and it could last (with a little higher risk of pregnancy) for a total of 5 years. T ...
- Did you expirance post pardum depressian while using the medicane?
(Asked by a 27 year old woman who has Postpartum Depression, and takes Nexplanon)
I know there is depressian with the nexoplanon but how many had post pardum depressian?
More questions for: Implanon, Breast cancer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and breast cancer
(Posted by a 44 year old woman who has Breast Cancer, and takes Victoza)
I took victoza for about 1 year. I have no history of breast cancer 9 my family.
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Implanon removal and the side effects of it
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Cyst On My Ovaries, and takes Implanon)
After removing implanon I had no menstrual cycle and a lot of pain. Found out I have cyst on my ovaries.
More reviews for: Implanon, Breast cancer
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Acne Cystic (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: I have had the Nexplanon implant for 6 weeks; prior to the implant i had been taking oral birth control pills for 7 years with perfectly clear skin. I had a mild reaction on my face within the first 4 days of having the implant but it went away after 7 days. For the next 2 1/2 weeks my skin was be ...
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a patient with Pregnancy. The patient has Increased Thirst, Feeling Hot And Cold, Cramps - Menstrual (menstrual uterine contractions), Hot Flushes (sudden feelings of heat), Stomach Pain, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Been on period almost 2 weeks. Bleeding been normal. However yesterday cramps were intolerable. Had baby 5 months ago. Got implanon implanted at 6 weeks ck up. First time ive had problems. Started yesterday. Hurting, cant get enough water to drink. Headache will not go away. Feel hot then cold. ...
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a patient with Contraception. The patient has Anxiety, Headache (pain in head), Deja Vu (the experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before)
Comments: I am epileptic or was as a child. I have not had a seizure in about 3 - 4 years now. I recently went to have my implant changed. This is my third one. All of a suddeni am experiencing frequent déjà vus, headaches and my anxiety is growing.
I eat incredibly healthily and exercise most days. No dr ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nexplanon, Adderall 20, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pmdd, Adhd, Delayed Sleep Phase. The patient has Epiphora
Comments: Eyes would begin watering within ten minutes of standing after waking up. They would water to the point where tears would stream down my face for 10-20 minutes; once this stopped, the symptom wouldn't return again until the next morning. Eyes would rarely begin watering before standing or sitting. S ...
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a patient with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Vision Blurred, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness)
Comments: constant tiredness, feeling drained and lighteadedness a lot of the time, losing blood in between periods and constant mood swings no will to do any of my old activities for example walking places, doing things etc
More related studies for: Implanon, Breast cancer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.