Review: could Implanon cause Discharge from the vagina (Vaginal discharge)?
Summary: Discharge from the vagina is found among people who take Implanon, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Albuterol, and have Contraception.
We study 2,956 people who have side effects while taking Implanon from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Discharge from the vagina. Find out below who they are, when they have Discharge from the vagina and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Implanon and have Discharge from the vagina >>>
Implanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Implanon 3,178 users)
Discharge from the vagina
Discharge from the vagina has been reported by people with birth control, post coital contraception, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis.(latest reports from Discharge from the vagina 4,714 patients)
On Nov, 24, 2014: 2,953 people reported to have side effects when taking Implanon. Among them, 11 people (0.37%) have Discharge From The Vagina.
Time on Implanon when people have Discharge from the vagina * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Discharge from the vagina||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Discharge from the vagina when taking Implanon * :
|Discharge from the vagina||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||75.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Discharge from the vagina when taking Implanon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Discharge from the vagina||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Discharge from the vagina ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Discharge from the vagina||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (6 people, 54.55%)
- Birth control (2 people, 18.18%)
- Convulsion (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Albuterol (1 people, 9.09%)
- Vivelle-dot (1 people, 9.09%)
- Cymbalta (1 people, 9.09%)
- Xanax (1 people, 9.09%)
- Pentoxifylline (1 people, 9.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Discharge From The Vagina while taking Implanon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Implanon and have Discharge From The Vagina
- support group for people who take Implanon
- support group for people who have Discharge From The Vagina
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Inserted implanon while using atripla, my worry is that can they be used together, can i fall pregnant while on implanon?
I wish to know if there can be a problem when using Atripla in conjunction with Implanon. I recently had an implant in October and I did'nt have any side effect whatsoever, but recently I breast pain and I feel a bit tired at all times. I read on the side effects but now my concern is that can they be mixed together or? Plz help
- Has anyone fallen pregnant while in nexplanon while taking aciclovir ?
I think I may have become pregnant while taking aciclovir while on the implant I was also taking anti biotics
I ignored early symptoms as I thought there was no way I could be and put it down to side affects I then ha more and more symptoms did a test it was neg did another a few weeks later still neg then went to see gp was sent for an ultra sound for cysts or tumor and I am 15 weeks pregnant has this happened to anyone else?
- I'm devastated,,i had implanon on the 1st of september and on the 30th august i had unprotected sexual intercourse,and i haven't been on my period since then am i pregnant?
Please help I'm stressed!!!And I'm writing my final Examination I really need to know if I'm pregnant or not,I did two home test the first one came out with 1dark line and 1faint line and the other one postive.
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
- I've been living with psoriasis for 8 years and this year i've implanted birth control(implanon). will that cause psoriasis to be severe?
I'm having psoriasis on the arms mostly,head,legs,back,it started looking like mosquito bites and will change and have dry pealed skin,itchy but lately it wasn't itching,but now it has turne to big roundy dry pealed skin,I can't wear anything cause I have to hide it to avoid questions
More questions for: Implanon, Discharge from the vagina
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have now been on 60mg of Cymbalta for about 4 weeks and completely titrated off the Mirtazapine.
I have noted that since switching to Cymbalta that I no longer have the insatiable appetite, nor have I had any further sleep paralysis episodes (though I have had a brain MRI to rule out any physiological issues - yet to receive results).
I have noticed that I have had mild to moderate rolling nausea with the Cymbalta and that I now have food aversions. Food does not interest me as much anymore and I find that certain foods (mostly processed snacks) are no longer palatable. I also find that I become full after much smaller meal portions.
I have found that I can no longer drink wine or spirits because they now taste awful however I can still tolerate certain brands of beer. I also no longer enjoy drinking cola.
I am also on the Implanon Implant. I have had this implant inserted for about 12 months and my cycles have been rather regular. Since starting the Cymbalta I have had some breakthrough bleeding yet my periods have not been as painful, though they have been heavier and longer.
My Psychiatrist will commence titrating me off the Seroquel in about two weeks and onto Topamax as it is his belief it will be less sedating than the Seroquel and that it will hopefully help as a mood stabiliser, treat my migraines and allow me to come off the Propranolol. he also hopes that I am able to loose some of the weight gained since the sleep paralysis episodes started.
As a side note regarding the Propranolol, I have naturally low blood pressure and I find while Propranalol is generally an effective migraine prophylactic, (I do get some breakthrough migraines) it does make my blood pressure even lower which leads to dizziness and faintness when I stand up too quickly from a recumbent position.
- Implanon removal and the side effects of it
After removing implanon I had no menstrual cycle and a lot of pain. Found out I have cyst on my ovaries.
More reviews for: Implanon, Discharge from the vagina
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I'm 23 and pregnant & I was diagnosed with Chlymidia & prescribed Azithromycin by my OBGYN. As soon as I started taking the medicine brown discharge started appearing. It smells like normal discharge & nothing it bloody. I was just wondering of its the infection cleaning itself out.
- I have had the Nexplanon implant for 6 weeks; prior to the implant i had been taking oral birth control pills for 7 years with perfectly clear skin. I had a mild reaction on my face within the first 4 days of having the implant but it went away after 7 days. For the next 2 1/2 weeks my skin was be ...
- I have been recently diagnosed with a urinary infection. I have been taking this medication for about 2 years. However, I also have a foul smelling discharge that has a yellowish beige color. I have taken 6 pills for the urinary infection with a name that starts with a C. (sorry, can't recall) ...
- Been on period almost 2 weeks. Bleeding been normal. However yesterday cramps were intolerable. Had baby 5 months ago. Got implanon implanted at 6 weeks ck up. First time ive had problems. Started yesterday. Hurting, cant get enough water to drink. Headache will not go away. Feel hot then cold. ...
- I am epileptic or was as a child. I have not had a seizure in about 3 - 4 years now. I recently went to have my implant changed. This is my third one. All of a suddeni am experiencing frequent déjà vus, headaches and my anxiety is growing.
I eat incredibly healthily and exercise most days. No dr ...
More related studies for: Implanon, Discharge from the vagina
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.