Review: could Implanon cause Increased appetite (Appetite - increased)?
Summary: Increased appetite is reported only by a few people who take Implanon.
We study 2,956 people who have side effects while taking Implanon from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Increased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Implanon and have Increased appetite >>>
Implanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Implanon 3,178 users)
Increased appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from Increased appetite 9,228 patients)
On Nov, 29, 2014: 2,953 people reported to have side effects when taking Implanon. Among them, 1 people (0.03%) has Increased Appetite.
Time on Implanon when people have Increased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Increased appetite||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Age of people who have Increased appetite when taking Implanon * :
|Increased appetite||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Increased appetite when taking Implanon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Increased appetite||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Increased appetite ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Birth control (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :n/a
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Increased Appetite while taking Implanon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Implanon and have Increased Appetite
- support group for people who take Implanon
- support group for people who have Increased Appetite
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Inserted implanon while using atripla, my worry is that can they be used together, can i fall pregnant while on implanon?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who takes Atripla, Implanon )
I wish to know if there can be a problem when using Atripla in conjunction with Implanon. I recently had an implant in October and I did'nt have any side effect whatsoever, but recently I breast pain and I feel a bit tired at all times. I read on the side effects but now my concern is that can ...
- Has anyone fallen pregnant while in nexplanon while taking aciclovir ?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Pregnancy, Pregnancy On Implant Contraceptive, and takes Aciclovir, Nexplanon)
I think I may have become pregnant while taking aciclovir while on the implant I was also taking anti biotics
I ignored early symptoms as I thought there was no way I could be and put it down to side affects I then ha more and more symptoms did a test it was neg did another a few weeks later still ...
- I'm devastated,,i had implanon on the 1st of september and on the 30th august i had unprotected sexual intercourse,and i haven't been on my period since then am i pregnant?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Missed Periods, Breast Tenderness,Dark Nipples,missed Period, and takes Implanon)
Please help I'm stressed!!!And I'm writing my final Examination I really need to know if I'm pregnant or not,I did two home test the first one came out with 1dark line and 1faint line and the other one postive.
- Are an increase in appetite & tiredness side effects of the birth control tri-sprintec?
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Weight Gain, Increased Appetite, and takes Tri-sprintec)
In the past I have taken the birth control Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and have never had any problems. I just switched to the generic brand, Tri-sprintec. I have now officially been taking Tri-Sprintec for 2 months. I recently started to notice that my appetite has increased and I've been eating A LOT more ...
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Nexplanon)
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
More questions for: Implanon, Increased appetite
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
More reviews for: Implanon, Increased appetite
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Acne Cystic (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: I have had the Nexplanon implant for 6 weeks; prior to the implant i had been taking oral birth control pills for 7 years with perfectly clear skin. I had a mild reaction on my face within the first 4 days of having the implant but it went away after 7 days. For the next 2 1/2 weeks my skin was be ...
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Excessive Hunger
Comments: I am hungry all the time, no matter what I eat I am still hungry. I have gained 50 pounds in the past 6 months and I am always hungry. I do not crave anything just constant hunger pains. If i try to ignore them I get light headed and nauseous.
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a patient with Pregnancy. The patient has Increased Thirst, Feeling Hot And Cold, Cramps - Menstrual (menstrual uterine contractions), Hot Flushes (sudden feelings of heat), Stomach Pain, Headache (pain in head)
Comments: Been on period almost 2 weeks. Bleeding been normal. However yesterday cramps were intolerable. Had baby 5 months ago. Got implanon implanted at 6 weeks ck up. First time ive had problems. Started yesterday. Hurting, cant get enough water to drink. Headache will not go away. Feel hot then cold. ...
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a patient with Contraception. The patient has Anxiety, Headache (pain in head), Deja Vu (the experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before)
Comments: I am epileptic or was as a child. I have not had a seizure in about 3 - 4 years now. I recently went to have my implant changed. This is my third one. All of a suddeni am experiencing frequent déjà vus, headaches and my anxiety is growing.
I eat incredibly healthily and exercise most days. No dr ...
More related studies for: Implanon, Increased appetite
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.