Review: could Implanon cause Infertility?
Summary: Infertility is found among people who take Implanon, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Mirena, and have Birth control.
We study 2,967 people who have side effects while taking Implanon from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Infertility. Find out below who they are, when they have Infertility and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Implanon and have Infertility >>>
Implanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from 3,189 Implanon users)
Infertility has been reported by people with birth control, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, wegener's granulomatosis. (latest reports from 1,664 Infertility patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 2,967 people reported to have side effects when taking Implanon. Among them, 7 people (0.24%) have Infertility.
Time on Implanon when people have Infertility * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Infertility when taking Implanon * :
Severity of Infertility when taking Implanon ** :
How people recovered from Infertility ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (4 people, 57.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Mirena (3 people, 42.86%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of implanon and infertility on
Do you have Infertility while taking Implanon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Implanon and have Infertility
- support group for people who take Implanon
- support group for people who have Infertility
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a 25-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Folliculitis (infection of hair root)
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Lasix, Metformin for a 38-year old woman with Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Passed Out, Diabetes. The patient has Constipation, Bloating, Painful Urination, Pain - Leg, Unable To Get Pregnant, Unable To Concentrate, Passed Out
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a 25-year old woman with Birth Control. The patient has Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a 19-year old girl with Contraception. The patient has Vaginal Lesion
- A study of drug interactions between Abilify, Zoloft, Implanon for a 20-year old woman with Bipolar Mania, Birth Control. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Lactation - Abnormal
Recent Implanon related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.