Home > Implanon > Insomnia > Implanon and Insomnia
Review: could Implanon cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Implanon, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Veregen, and have Contraception.
We study 2,953 people who have side effects while taking Implanon from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Implanon and have Insomnia >>>
Implanon (latest outcomes from 3,175 users) has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Insomnia (sleeplessness) (latest reports from 760,736 patients) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 2,949 people reported to have side effects when taking Implanon. Among them, 16 people (0.54%) have Insomnia.
Time on Implanon when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Implanon * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Implanon ** :
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (13 people, 81.25%)
- Anogenital warts (1 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Veregen (1 people, 6.25%)
- Antihypertensives (1 people, 6.25%)
- Doxil [dicloxacillin sodium monohydrate] (1 people, 6.25%)
- Equasym (1 people, 6.25%)
- Fluoxetine (1 people, 6.25%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Implanon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Implanon and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Implanon
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I'm devastated,,i had implanon on the 1st of september and on the 30th august i had unprotected sexual intercourse,and i haven't been on my period since then am i pregnant?
(Asked by a 18 year old girl who has Missed Periods, Breast Tenderness,Dark Nipples,missed Period, and takes Implanon)
Please help I'm stressed!!!And I'm writing my final Examination I really need to know if I'm pregnant or not,I did two home test the first one came out with 1dark line and 1faint line and the other one postive.
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Will taking dong quai interfere with the effectiveness of my nexplanon birth control implant?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has High Blood Pressure, and takes Metoprolol Succinate, Nexplanon)
My cycle has been all over the place since getting my implant. I read Dong Quai could help with regulation but I worry it will alter the effectiveness of the birth control.
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Parkinson's Disease, and takes Azilect)
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
More questions for: Implanon, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Insomnia, Severe Restless Legs, and takes Doxylamine Succinate)
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so ...
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
(Posted by a 37 year old woman who has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar 2, and takes Mirtazapine, Implanon, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Cymbalta)
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Zolpidem er side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Bipolar Ii Disorder, Sleeping Difficulty, and takes Zolpidem Tartrate)
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Anxiety, Panic Attack, Insomnia, and takes Lipitor)
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off t ...
More reviews for: Implanon, Insomnia
- A study of side effects of Nexplanon for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Acne Cystic (skin problems that cause pimples)
Comments: I have had the Nexplanon implant for 6 weeks; prior to the implant i had been taking oral birth control pills for 7 years with perfectly clear skin. I had a mild reaction on my face within the first 4 days of having the implant but it went away after 7 days. For the next 2 1/2 weeks my skin was be ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methamphetamine Hydrochloride, Strattera, Ritalin, Phentermine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Zorvolex, Olanzapine, Seroquel Xr, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Perindopril Erbumine, Lamotrigine, Mirtazapine for a patient with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obesity, Insomnia, Arthritis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Bipolar 1, Major Depressive Disorder, Tachycardia, Sleeplessness, Diabetes, Obesity, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Insomnia, Generalised Anxiety Disorder
Comments: i'm pretty much the most comlex case 4 psychiatrists, 3 psychologists, a nuero scientist/adult mood disorder specialised doctor, 3 gp's, 2 naturopaths and an adhd specialist have ever come accross. i'm basically a pharmacy on legs with over 32types of medications tried in 13 months including those i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Qvar 40, Albuterol, Singulair for a patient with Pediatric Asthma. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Irritability, Mood Swings
Comments: 4 year old son personality changed with in a week of starting singular 4 mg chew tablets for his asthma. He went from being a very calm child to very scared and easily upset. He would break down very easily and it would take 30 min to almost 1 hour to calm him down over the simplest things. He would ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Pepcid Complete, Sertraline, Clonidine, Vyvanse for a patient with Panic Disorder Without Agoraphobia, Acid Reflux, Depression, Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Add. The patient has Bruxism, Muscle Twitching, Appetite - Decreased, Weight Fluctuation, Insomnia Exacerbated
Comments: Vyvanse is my most recently prescribed ADD medication, but I have been on various other prescriptions since the age of 9. (Adderall at first for a short time [< 1 month], stopped because it caused severe panic attacks; Concerta in increasing doses over the next 5 years, but never more than 72mg; Vyv ...
- A study of drug interactions between Alprazolam, Prednisone for a patient with Anxiety Disorder, Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Insomnia, Depression, Anxiety
Comments: For 6 years I have been taking predisone to treat my Myasthenia Gravis, which is primarily ocular. I've always had moderate situational anxiety but as soon as I began taking prednison my axiety sky rocketed. My predinsone doses have ranged from 5-30mg per day, depending on weather or not I am in r ...
More related studies for: Implanon, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.