Home > Implanon > Loss of hair > Implanon and Loss of hair
Review: could Implanon cause Loss of hair (Hair loss)?
We study 2,953 people who have side effects while taking Implanon from FDA and social media. Among them, 42 have Loss of hair. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of hair and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Implanon and have Loss of hair >>>
Implanon (latest outcomes from 3,174 users) has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control.
Loss of hair
Loss of hair (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,953 people reported to have side effects when taking Implanon. Among them, 42 people (1.42%) have Loss Of Hair.
Time on Implanon when people have Loss of hair * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of hair||0.00%||33.33%||26.67%||33.33%||6.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Loss of hair when taking Implanon * :
|Loss of hair||0.00%||0.00%||23.53%||52.94%||23.53%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Loss of hair when taking Implanon ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of hair||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of hair ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of hair||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Contraception (25 people, 59.52%)
- Birth control (2 people, 4.76%)
- Acne (1 people, 2.38%)
- Asthma (1 people, 2.38%)
- Hepatitis c (1 people, 2.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Claravis (3 people, 7.14%)
- Nicotine (2 people, 4.76%)
- Amnesteem (2 people, 4.76%)
- Betamethasone (2 people, 4.76%)
- Guanfacine (1 people, 2.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Hair while taking Implanon?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Implanon and have Loss Of Hair
- support group for people who take Implanon
- support group for people who have Loss Of Hair
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- If you stop taking oxcarbazepine will your hair grow back?
has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot it just seems like the last month and a half maybe that I've noticed that my hair has been getting thinner on top and now there's a little bald spot where its really thin and you can see the scalp and he increased my dosage by 600 mi ...
- I've been living with psoriasis for 8 years and this year i've implanted birth control(implanon). will that cause psoriasis to be severe?
I'm having psoriasis on the arms mostly,head,legs,back,it started looking like mosquito bites and will change and have dry pealed skin,itchy but lately it wasn't itching,but now it has turne to big roundy dry pealed skin,I can't wear anything cause I have to hide it to avoid questions
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
I got the birth control implanon inserted into my left arm in October of 2010. I wa going to get it taken out in the end of this past December but my planned parenthood physician said if I didn't want to it was fine and it could last (with a little higher risk of pregnancy) for a total of 5 years. T ...
- Did you expirance post pardum depressian while using the medicane?
I know there is depressian with the nexoplanon but how many had post pardum depressian?
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now i've stopped using it, but i lost hair in frontal region and i want to regrow it.
What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking Fluticasone propionate for altmost 1 year and 6 months, now I've stopped using it, but I lost hair in frontal region and I want to regrow it.
- What can i do to grow hair back. i've been taking xanax. i understand it has caused my hair loss. i once had very thick hair. now i'm almost bald. i'm stopping the xanax. now what??
How can I get my hair to grow back if I stop xanax
- Would it harm me to use my nexplanon and prenatals and will this stop my periods
Not a heavy flow at all but a lot of spotting while on nexplanon i want to take prenatals for my hair and skin rumors say my birth control will stop working if i take the prenatal
- Has anyone ele had symptoms of dischare from breasts on nexplanon
Does anyone else have these symptoms on nexplanon?
- How long normally do women have menorrhagia after getting implanon?
I got the Implanon put in over a month ago and I have been bleeding ever since almost everyday, maybe 3 days where I wasn't bleeding. I called the place that I had it put in at and they said that this was a completely normal side effect. But it really doesn't seem normal to bleed continuously for 31 ...
- Is a side effect of losartan hair loss?
My doctor took me off Lisinopril due to the cough and put me on Losartan. After about 1 year I noticed hair breakage and hair loss. Can the hair damage be reverse by going back to Lisinopril?
More questions for: Implanon, Loss of hair
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Transition from mirtazapine to cymbalta (bipolar ii) 6 week duration taken in conjunction with seroquel, propranalol and implanon
In early September I approached my Psychiatrist to report that I was having sleep paralysis episodes as well as insatiable appetite. I had put on about 20lb in the space of 6 months since the sleep paralysis started.
My Psychiatrist opted to wean me off the Mirtazapine and onto Cymbalta. I have n ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
- Hair loss on this drug
i began this drug a week and two days now. after the fourth day i saw hair loss, my sister said you have a dry patch in your hair and i went home and brushed my hair there was no much hair loss and a few bald patches about the size of fists at the back of my head. There was no way to hide them, e ...
- Implanon removal and the side effects of it
After removing implanon I had no menstrual cycle and a lot of pain. Found out I have cyst on my ovaries.
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
- Isoniazid: the downside continued
I also have extreme fatigue. I can sleep 8 hours and then take a 4 hour nap. I have dizziness which seems to be increasing in the last few weeks. I have nausea on and off. I have diarrhea in the morning 45 minutes after taking it. Then I am mostly constipated for the rest of the day. It seems ...
More reviews for: Implanon, Loss of hair
On eHealthMe, Implanon (etonogestrel) is often used for birth control. Find out below the conditions Implanon is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Implanon used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of side effects of Implanon for a patient with Birth Control. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Nicotine, Coffee, Clonidine, Nexplanon, Ibuprofen, Gabapentin for a patient with N-a-g, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Toothache. The patient has Mood Swings, Blackheads, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec Otc, Adderall 15, Implanon for a patient with Heartburn - Chronic, Adhd, Birth Control And Family Planning. The patient has Tic - Facial, Hair Loss, Acne, No Periods, Itching Scar
More related studies for: Implanon, Loss of hair
Recent Implanon related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Nexplanon, Sertraline Hydrochloride, for a 17-year old girl who has Adha Learning Disorder
- Comparions of Depo-provera, Nexplanon for a 21-year old woman who has PMDD
- Comparions of Implanon, Zoloft for a 31-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Implanon, Mirena for a 25-year old woman who has Contraception
- Comparions of Nexplanon, Depo-provera for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control And Family Planning
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Nexplanon for a 27-year old woman who has Birth Control - Over The Counter
- Comparions of Phentermine Hydrochloride, Implanon for a 26-year old woman who has Wieght Loss Birth Control
- Comparions of Nexplanon, Zoloft for a 41-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Nexplanon (Organon Usa Inc) - 68MG/IMPLANT, Subutex for a 31-year old woman who has Rehabilitation Therapy
- Comparions of Implanon, Lorazepam (Mutual Pharm) - 0.5MG, Imitrex Statdose (Glaxosmithkline) - EQ 6MG BASE/0.5ML (12MG/ML), Verapamil Hydrochloride (Mylan) - 240MG, Zoloft (Pfizer) - EQ 50MG BASE for a 28-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
More related comparison studies for: Implanon, Loss of hair
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout (23 minutes ago)
- Haloperidol for a 61-year old woman who has Generalised Anxiety Disorder (39 minutes ago)
- Iron Dextran, Vitamin B12, Methadone Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Nuvigil for a 46-year old woman who has Anemia, Anemia - B12 Deficiency, Neuropathy, Depression, Narcolepsy (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Vitamin D and Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
- Toe Swelling and Indomethacin
- Toe Swelling and Gout
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Toe Swelling
- Toe Swelling and Pain
Recent user comments
- "Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indo ... " (24 minutes ago)
- "I did call my doctors office about it and they deny k ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I have been experiencing some chest discomfort on and ... " (8 hours ago)
- Urination Difficulty With Flow
- Endometrial Cancer
- Acne Cosmetica