Implanon and Osteoporosis - from FDA reports
Osteoporosis is found among people who take Implanon, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Depo-Provera, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Osteoporosis with Implanon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,310 people who have side effects when taking Implanon from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
9,310 people reported to have side effects when taking Implanon.
Among them, 9 people (0.1%) have Osteoporosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Implanon when people have Osteoporosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Implanon *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Osteoporosis when taking Implanon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 14.29 %
- 30-39: 28.57 %
- 40-49: 57.14 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 22.22%)
- Mood Swings (1 person, 11.11%)
- Migraine (1 person, 11.11%)
- Indigestion (1 person, 11.11%)
- Gastritis (1 person, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (2 people, 22.22%)
- Depo-Provera (2 people, 22.22%)
- Zolpidem Tartrate (1 person, 11.11%)
- Naratriptan (1 person, 11.11%)
- Levaquin (1 person, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Foot Fracture (3 people, 33.33%)
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome (2 people, 22.22%)
- Osteopenia (2 people, 22.22%)
- Arthritis (2 people, 22.22%)
- Vaginal Haemorrhage (1 person, 11.11%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Osteoporosis when taking Implanon?
Implanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Implanon 9,680 users)
Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, gastroesophageal reflux disease, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 179,610 Osteoporosis patients).