Review: could Imuran cause Varices oesophageal?
Summary: Varices oesophageal is reported only by a few people who take Imuran.
We study 9,569 people who have side effects while taking Imuran from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Varices oesophageal. Find out below who they are, when they have Varices oesophageal and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Imuran and have Varices oesophageal >>>
Imuran has active ingredients of azathioprine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Imuran 9,808 users)
Varices oesophageal (enlarged and swollen veins at the bottom of the oesophagus, near the stomach) has been reported by people with hiv infection, hepatitis c, hepatic neoplasm malignant, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure.(latest reports from Varices oesophageal 1,509 patients)
On Dec, 22, 2014: 9,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Imuran. Among them, 5 people (0.05%) have Varices Oesophageal.
Time on Imuran when people have Varices oesophageal * :
Gender of people who have Varices oesophageal when taking Imuran * :
|Varices oesophageal||40.00%||60.00% |
Age of people who have Varices oesophageal when taking Imuran * :
|Varices oesophageal||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Varices oesophageal when taking Imuran ** :
How people recovered from Varices oesophageal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Autoimmune hepatitis (2 people, 40.00%)
- Strongyloidiasis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Acne (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methadone hcl (2 people, 40.00%)
- Cortisol (2 people, 40.00%)
- Accutane (2 people, 40.00%)
- Tegretol (2 people, 40.00%)
- Demerol (2 people, 40.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Varices Oesophageal while taking Imuran?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Imuran and have Varices Oesophageal
- support group for people who take Imuran
- support group for people who have Varices Oesophageal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can a patient that takes prograf and imuran can also take black cohosh suplements ?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Pre-menopause, and takes Imuran, Prograf)
I am a kidney transplant patient, I had my transplant 4 years ago and because of my previous kidney function, now I have early menopause symptoms like, severe vaginal dryness, night sweats, low libido and so on... So i would like to know if i can take some of these herbs to help me out. Black Cohosh ...
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please!
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Frequent Bowel Movements, Bloody Diarrhea, Paina, Grumbling Intestines, Lose Weight, and takes Ciprofloxacin, Imuran, Metronidazole)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
- Is the a correlation with mycobacterium and myasthena gravis?
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Myasthenia Gravis, Neuropathy Peripheral, and takes Imuran, Pyridostigmine Bromide)
I was exposed to a leper colony for about five months while in Vietnam. Many of the lepers died with open wounds and I actually wore some of their beads and trinkets around my neck. I slept on their beds and drank from their water source. Out of the clear blue almost 40 years later with no indicat ...
- I have a 20cm hiatal hernia needing surgery could azathrioprine tablets cause it?
(Asked by a 50 year old woman who has Crohns Disease And A Large Hiatus Hernia, and takes Imuran)
been taking azathrioprine tabl 50mg 3 times daily for several years
- Does use of cocaine cause esophageal varices?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Varices Oesophageal)
Could you tell me if the use of cocaine (once a month or maybe twice) can lead to esophageal varices? The liver is non cirrohtic and healthy. All tests are done such as liver biopsy, Hvpc, fibroscan, endoscopy etc.
More questions for: Imuran, Varices oesophageal
More reviews for: Imuran, Varices oesophageal
- A study of drug interactions between Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis,lupus,vasculitis, need to use walker, legs weak and clumsey-can do very little in house,difficult to walk even with walker
- A study of side effects of Imuran for a patient with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (itp). The patient has Liver Issues Levels Went Up
Comments: After itp i developed polyps in colon is there a connection
- A study of side effects of Imuran for a patient with Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (itp). The patient has Colonic Polyp (extra part of colon tissue grow in intestine), Liver Issues Levels Went Up
Comments: After tip developed polyps in colon is there a connection
- A study of drug interactions between Pepcid, Naprosyn, Lexapro, Imuran, Toprol-xl, Diovan for a patient with Stomachache, Shoulder Pain, Anxiety Disorder, Owren's Disease, Htn. The patient has
Comments: recent rx 500mg of naprosyn for several weeks/Had routine lab work at Rheumotologist and creatinine came back 1.52
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Bentyl, Imuran, Apriso for a patient with Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has
Comments: Apriso not controlling bleeding or inflammation. Unable to control flaring.
More related studies for: Imuran, Varices oesophageal
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.