Review: could Indomethacin cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is found among people who take Indomethacin, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, also take medication Skelaxin, and have Quit smoking.
We study 6,019 people who have side effects while taking Indomethacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 14 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Indomethacin and have Drug abuse >>>
Indomethacin has active ingredients of indomethacin. It is often used in gout. (latest outcomes from 6,367 Indomethacin users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, migraine, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 19,959 Drug abuse patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 6,019 people reported to have side effects when taking Indomethacin. Among them, 14 people (0.23%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Indomethacin when people have Drug abuse * :
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Indomethacin * :
|Drug abuse||28.57%||71.43% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Indomethacin * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||36.36%||18.18%||18.18%||18.18% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Smoking cessation therapy (3 people, 21.43%)
- Depression (3 people, 21.43%)
- Psoriasis (3 people, 21.43%)
- Psoriatic arthropathy (3 people, 21.43%)
- Restless legs syndrome (2 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Skelaxin (5 people, 35.71%)
- Ambien (5 people, 35.71%)
- Darvocet (4 people, 28.57%)
- Vicodin (4 people, 28.57%)
- Vioxx (4 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Indomethacin and drug abuse on
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Indomethacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Indomethacin and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Indomethacin
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Indomethacin for a 43-year old woman with Hemicrania Continua. The patient has Kidney Palpable
- A study of side effects of Accutane for a 20-year old man with Acne. The patient has Depression, Impulsive Behaviour, Delusional Perception (delusional perception describes, confusingly, a true perception, to which a patient attributes a false meaning), Drug Abuse, Aggression Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Tramadol, Indomethacin for a 39-year old woman with Insomnia, Ankylosing Spondylitis. The patient has Vaginal Burning Sensation
- A study of drug interactions between Tadalafil, Indomethacin for a 41-year old man with Erection Difficulties - Age Related, Amphetamines - Screen. The patient has Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Indomethacin for a 74-year old man with Corneal Degeneration. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Recent Indomethacin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.