Home > Indomethacin > Migraine > Indomethacin and Migraine
Review: could Indomethacin cause Migraine?
Summary: Migraine is found among people who take Indomethacin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Migraine.
We study 6,012 people who have side effects while taking Indomethacin from FDA and social media. Among them, 43 have Migraine. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraine and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Indomethacin and have Migraine >>>
Indomethacin (latest outcomes from 6,361 users) has active ingredients of indomethacin. It is often used in gout.
Migraine (headache) (latest reports from 173,300 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 6,012 people reported to have side effects when taking Indomethacin. Among them, 53 people (0.88%) have Migraine.
Time on Indomethacin when people have Migraine * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Migraine when taking Indomethacin * :
Age of people who have Migraine when taking Indomethacin * :
Severity of Migraine when taking Indomethacin ** :
How people recovered from Migraine ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Migraine (11 people, 20.75%)
- Fibromyalgia (7 people, 13.21%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 11.32%)
- Hypercalcaemia (6 people, 11.32%)
- Anaemia (6 people, 11.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (16 people, 30.19%)
- Lyrica (16 people, 30.19%)
- Cephalexin (14 people, 26.42%)
- Neurontin (12 people, 22.64%)
- Lisinopril (11 people, 20.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraine while taking Indomethacin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Indomethacin and have Migraine
- support group for people who take Indomethacin
- support group for people who have Migraine
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Can take an alive after 12 hours of taking indomethacin
(Asked by a 56 year old woman who has Bad Head Ache, and takes Indomethacin)
have a bad headace after taking the meds indomethacin would like to take a alive for me head ache
- How badly will zoloft effect vitamin b12, will that person be required to receive vitamin b12 shots on a weekly basic
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, and takes Zoloft, Zocor, Indomethacin, Vicodin)
How badly will Zoloft effect your vitamin B12, will it effect it enough to require a person to need a weekly vitamin B12 shot...I have been told that my body will not absorb vitamin B12 through my stomach and because of that I require a shot...after I get my shot my B12 is up around 1100 and a week ...
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Will using butalbital 6-7 times a month for migraines result in dependency?
(Asked by a 50 year old man who has Migraines, and takes Multivitamin, Aspirin, Ranitidine, Glucosamine)
I experience migraines 6-7 times a month and have found butalbital/aspirin/caffeine to be very effective in managing pain. Does anyone know if this rate of usage can cause dependency? I have been taking butalbital since 2007. My migraines are very unpredictable--occasionally I will go 2-3 weeks with ...
More questions for: Indomethacin, Migraine
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Imetrix verses butalb/acet/caffeine
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Migraines, and takes Imitrex)
I have taken both Imitrex and Butalb/acet/caffeine and I have to say that Imitrex works far better than the other one! The substitute I was given for Imitrex doesn't even touch my migraine pain.
- Wheezing stopped after topamax sessesion
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Meniere's Disease, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Migraines, and takes Fexofenadine Hydrochloride)
Wheezing noted by primary physician in this non-smoker. Stopped Topamax per doctor's instruction. 48 hours later was examined by physician and noted that wheezing stopped.
- Review: could lyrica cause intracranial pressure increased?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has History Of Concussions, Migraines, Neuropathy, and takes Lyrica)
One dose (75mg) caused severe head pain (increased intracranial pressure) and nausea.
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Insomnia, Migraine, and takes Melatonin, Imitrex)
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- Transient psychosis in indomethacin
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Transient Psychosis, Lupus, and takes Indomethacin)
I had taken indomethacin infrequently for years for joint pain but never for more than 2 weeks in a row. One night, when I had been taking it daily for about 2 weeks, I had a bout of psychosis approximately 1/2 hour after ingesting the indomethacin at bedtime. I just waited it out, and in about 5- ...
More reviews for: Indomethacin, Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Atorvastatin Calcium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Indomethacin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Pain, Gout. The patient has Toe Swelling, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
Comments: Diagnosed with Gout about 5 weeks ago,Prescribed Indomethacin but little relief.Feelings of electrical shocks have now started.Researched and my symptoms seem to be more in line with Peripheral Neuropathy than Gout.Have found that Indomethacin contributes to P.N Pain.
- A study of side effects of Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: was recently in-between insurance so went off diltiazem for high blood pressure for one month...persistent (bordering on chronic) migraine headaches dissipated after approx one week off medication and continued migraine free until restarted regular full dose diltiazem (120 mg 2x daily) after 6 weeks ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Indomethacin for a patient with Acid Reflux, Headache. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Cough
Comments: Being treated for hemicrania continua
- A study of side effects of Indomethacin for a patient with Gouty Arthritis. The patient has Confusion
Comments: my husband's entire way of thinking and acting changed when he started to take this medication. Trying to find if other have had similar problems
- A study of side effects of Pulmicort Flexhaler for a patient with Sinusitis. The patient has Migraine (headache)
Comments: I have had 2 sinus surgeries over the years. My first was at age 19. My 2nd was 3 years ago. I have been on pulmicort ever since. I am trying to wean myself off of it but am dealing with headaches. My doctor says my sinuses are clear. The pulmicort nasal spray makes me feel very emotional. I ...
More related studies for: Indomethacin, Migraine
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.