Could Inspra cause Ascites - from FDA reports
Ascites is found among people who take Inspra, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metoprolol Succinate, and have High blood pressure . We study 1,721 people who have side effects while taking Inspra from FDA. Among them, 10 have Ascites. Find out below who they are, when they have Ascites and more.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Inspra has active ingredients of eplerenone. It is often used in heart failure. (latest outcomes from Inspra 1,764 users)
Ascites (accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity) has been reported by people with hepatitis c, high blood pressure, hepatic neoplasm malignant, preventive health care, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 23,180 Ascites patients).
On Dec, 05, 2016
1,721 people reported to have side effects when taking Inspra.
Among them, 10 people (0.58%) have Ascites
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Inspra when people have Ascites *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ascites when taking Inspra *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Ascites when taking Inspra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metoprolol Succinate (3 people, 30.00%)
- Tracleer (2 people, 20.00%)
- Lasix (2 people, 20.00%)
- Demadex (2 people, 20.00%)
- Atacand (2 people, 20.00%)
Forecasts by ePatient.care (We will alert you to new symptoms or undetected conditions when you take Inspra, learn more )
Potential co-existing conditions
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 30.00%)
- Systemic Sclerosis (2 people, 20.00%)
- Hepatitis C (2 people, 20.00%)
- Cardiac Failure Congestive (2 people, 20.00%)
- Wheezing (1 person, 10.00%)
Potential co-existing symptoms
- Pleural Effusion (4 people, 40.00%)
- Weight Increased (3 people, 30.00%)
- Hepatomegaly (3 people, 30.00%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (3 people, 30.00%)
- Wound Infection Bacterial (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ascites when taking Inspra?
- Check symptoms - is ascites caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Inspraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with AscitesAscites
Could your condition cause AscitesAscites
Can you answer these questions?
I got serious fluid buildup while on Sprycel, and while it was less on Tasigna, it still was an occasional issue. I discontinued the tasigna last year, and have been more or less in remission for 14 months. The ascites has, however, returned again. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I ...